• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami NCAA investigation - NCAA hands out fines, suspensions to the 8 players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

One of my friends is starting at Miami this year.

I feel for him. Good thing he doesn't really care much for football.

No need to feel for him if he doesn't care much for football, no? 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are clueless about what is going on with the miami investigation. We will still pull out at least 8 wins and beat you guys. The ineligible players is just procedure. They will be reinstated before our first game.

• Content Count:  71

The ignorance on this board is just sickening. Really.

This whole propaganda and hype scheme is not as bad as it seems.

As the yahoo article is discredited and disproven more and more by the day, nothing will come of it. No way they suspend any players more than 2 games. No player received more than $300 that has been proven. I didn't know 18 year olds accepting money they needed means they're "criminals." There is nothing illegal.

As bad as the media plays miami out to be thugs, it really isnt that way at all. If you want to talk about criminals, look at UF.

Stop listening to the media, they're clueless about this situation. All our players will play this season. No big deal.

Once this whole BS story blows over, the yahoo writer and espn will look like idiots because most of our allegations will be discredited and we wont receive barely any punishment. Sure, some of the players may have to pay back $100 or $200, sit out 2 games, but that's about it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

Most rational people would avoid places that make them sick ...

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

As the yahoo article is discredited and disproven more and more by the day, nothing will come of it. No way they suspend any players more than 2 games. No player received more than $300 that has been proven. I didn't know 18 year olds accepting money they needed means they're "criminals." There is nothing illegal.

As bad as the media plays miami out to be thugs, it really isnt that way at all. If you want to talk about criminals, look at UF.

Stop listening to the media, they're clueless about this situation. All our players will play this season. No big deal.

Once this whole BS story blows over, the yahoo writer and espn will look like idiots because most of our allegations will be discredited and we wont receive barely any punishment. Sure, some of the players may have to pay back $100 or $200, sit out 2 games, but that's about it.

Can you provide the proof that the article is being "discredited and disproven"?

• Content Count:  12,293

considering the amount of credit card statements and dinner bills this guy had.......i would say its pretty much proven.  you can tell the guy can only have the kind of friends that he buys and he was only interested in buying miami football players.  he was a male groupie with the money to buy the kind of attention he always wanted

• Content Count:  4,642

you're high as a kite if you think you can spin this.  just because you "feel" like this isn't illegal, it really is!  the miami boards must be melting right now..."oh no! what are we going to without our poor jacory harris?  is he going to have to go back to being a criminal?  oh boo hoo."

hey dummy:  WHEN YOU BREAK THE LAW, THE LAW WILL BREAK YOU!  YEAH BUDDY!

jackhole.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

As bad as the media plays miami out to be thugs, it really isnt that way at all. If you want to talk about criminals, look at UF

I like when the Ibis has ruffled feathers. UM players and fans for years have acted like animals. The 1991 Cotton Bowl played after the 1990 season is an example.  I normally would want Texas to lose but the punk ass deviant behavior of UM players made that impossible.  I was not shocked that UM players were involved in a scandal like this, only that it took so long for one to be revealed! 

one would think usf would have made inroads into miami area for top recruits by now

:D

I guess he did not see all of the goodies which UM has been doling out.  It is kind of hard to compete with that.  I am sure it did not just begin in 2002 btw.

usf cant even lock down surrounding counties by usf

what is the excuse there?

Whiny alumni, like yourself, that don't donate a nickle to the program. There's your excuse. Buck up, Hollywood Esquire, and donate some duckets like Nevin Shapiro was doing in Miami. Avoid the impropriety and play within the NCAA's rules and you'll be a big shot in Tampa too, Mazza, assuming you can even donate Shapiro-level, Chanel hand soap-style money. 

It can be hard to donate money when you are unable to practice your chosen profession!

One of my friends is starting at Miami this year.

I feel for him. Good thing he doesn't really care much for football.

Sounds like he is the norm at UM.  Most who live vicariously through the Ibis have never set one foot on campus.

Archived