• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami NCAA investigation - NCAA hands out fines, suspensions to the 8 players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i bet this makes their merch sales go up.  a lot of people who root for the "U" do so because of that type of reputation.

sure, there are the alum but your avg fan here in florida?  nope.  they will still be buying it.  because now miami have verified street cred

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sure FSU has a lot, especially in the panhandle area, but I just don't think they touch the other two in volume of non-alum fans.

I think you'd be suprised about the Panhandle.... You basically have 4 choices... UF, Auburn, Alabama or go drown in the local river. Bama and UF in particular pretty much have the area locked up.

Having lived in bradenton, Panama City and now Mobile, AL I can give you a pretty good idea of where the lines are drawn.  To Panama City, you'll see a pretty wide range actually between FSU, UF and Miami with a few SEC fans sprinkled in, but not in huge numbers.  I'd say FSU and UF being the two biggest.  But once you get to Pcola, UM seems to fade away in favor of FSU and UF with more Auburn/Bama/LSU types.  Then when you cross that FL line it definitely flip flops to Bama/AU with LSU with a few FSU/anything else SEC.  Rarely see a USF fan naturally, but don't see any UM fans either.

I agree.  I will say though that the USF population is certainly growing in P'Cola. I have been seeing a lot more USF stickers and plates.

But now... back to the Thread Subject:

funny-sports-pictures-come-play-for-miami-weve-got-hookers-football-hurricanes-scandal-illegal-nevin-shapiro.jpg

• Content Count:  4,075

This probe is a joke honestly. Nothing will come of it. This is the 4th or 5th time this guy sitting in jail has tried to do this in the past 2 years and has been unsuccessful. Apparently he's trying again. He has nothing better to do than attempt this so he can write a book of lies to recoupe the unthinkable amounts of cash he lots because of his scandals and corruption. He's desperate and this has been his last chance at making any kind of money.

This guy's been banned from the university since like 2003 and we returned his 150k donation once we found out about all his scandals. Plus, there's no proof anyway. Even if there is, what....the ncaa is going to suspend a few players because he took them to dinner a few times, and invited a few players onto his boat because the guy's a nerd and wanted to be "one of the cool guys?" What, he's going to show a receipt of a dinner for 5 with a $125 check? please.

Like I said, this is a joke, and that sportswriter is an idiot. Only article I've seen claiming miami is in "big trouble." We've heard the opposite. School officials who were interviewed are already indicated no harm. Worst case scenario we vacate a few meaningless wins and a few players are suspended for a few games.

Keep dreeaming.  There is a reason UM attracts the street punks on the field and in the stands.

more fallout from NCAA investigations.  chick should have just signed with us.

Chickillo actually wants to get hookers, free money and SUV's. Things he could never get at USF.

OK. You win.

Going on memory alone, Duke is Rated 16, Ga. Tech. at 40 and Miami at 47.   Where is USF?  No where in sight!

When it comes to punk ass fans and total dicks, UM is no1 and has been since Schnellenberger left.  So, what is your point?

Anybody find it strange that these UM girls like to hang out on a website for little 'ol USF?

one would think usf would have made inroads into miami area for top recruits by now

:D

I guess he did not see all of the goodies which UM has been doling out.  It is kind of hard to compete with that.  I am sure it did not just begin in 2002 btw.

• Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

Miami's challenge.  Here is a side effect of recent investigation.  Miami, does not know whether to start Harris or not.  My personal opinion is Miami should suspend them 3 or 4 games than then try and recover the season.  That way they can have them for the FSU and USF game. 

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-miami-harrisfuture

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Jacory Harris came into this season believing Miami coaches would struggle deciding if he or Stephen Morris should be the Hurricanes’ starting quarterback.

Well, he was right.

Filling out the season’s first depth chart is going to be an arduously difficult process for Miami. The accusation that Harris is one of 12 current Hurricanes who allegedly broke NCAA rules by accepting gifts from rogue booster Nevin Shapiro is overshadowing just about everything that happened on the field during training camp.

If Miami uses any player later deemed ineligible by the NCAA—which has been investigating for months—then the Hurricanes run the risk of having to retroactively forfeit games. If the Hurricanes sit those 12 players, most of whom are presumptive starters and in many cases expected to be NFL draft picks next year, then their chances of winning in 2011 plummet quickly.

New coach Al Golden will tip his hand on where things stand this week, when he releases Miami’s depth chart for the Sept. 5 opener at Maryland.

“We don’t know yet,†Golden said Saturday.

..... more in the link

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

one would think usf would have made inroads into miami area for top recruits by now

I guess he did not see all of the goodies which UM has been doling out.  It is kind of hard to compete with that.  I am sure it did not just begin in 2002 btw.

usf cant even lock down surrounding counties by usf

what is the excuse there?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

usf cant even lock down surrounding counties by usf

what is the excuse there?

Cash spends as good in Hillsborough, Polk, Pinellas, Pasco, et al, as it doesn in Dade/Broward ...

Archived