• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami NCAA investigation - NCAA hands out fines, suspensions to the 8 players

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

doesnt anyone else find it very ironic that the guy used his alias when checking into this hotel room suites for sex parties and that alias was teddy dupay

I got a good laugh out of that. 

• Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I'm just going to let the investigation proceed.

Nobody is certain what could happen, but depending on what does, this could be the end of relevance for Miami football. They are not the team they were two decades ago when the first sanctions hit. They're an average team in an average conference. The rise of USF and the steady improvement of the other state schools are going to make it hard on Miami.

It doesn't help that Donna Shalala isn't as committed to UM athletics as past presidents have been. .

• Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

I'm just going to let the investigation proceed.

Nobody is certain what could happen, but depending on what does, this could be the end of relevance for Miami football. They are not the team they were two decades ago when the first sanctions hit. They're an average team in an average conference. The rise of USF and the steady improvement of the other state schools are going to make it hard on Miami.

It doesn't help that Donna Shalala isn't as committed to UM athletics as past presidents have been. .

You nailed it.  With this and the rise of USF and other programs it is making it hard for them to recruit and stay relevant in the National dominance conversation. 

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

hearing urban meyer talking about NCAA rule compliance is like getting marriage advice from oj simpson

• Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I'm a bit surprised, but apparently some folks over at the FSU boards pick UCF over USF to be the next in line behind UF and FSU. I guess USF hasn't really done a good job of marketing itself because I mean, we have what.. 6 or so consecutive 8 win seasons, consecutive bowl appearances and only 2 losing seasons since the programs inception and play in AQ conference having defeated FSU, Miami and Clemson within the ACC......

And still some FSU fans think UCF would become the 3rd best program in the state with their terrible BCS record and single bowl win?

"UCF over USF, imo."

"Originally posted by mutoey:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will no longer be a Big 3 if Miami gets major penalties. It will be the Big 2 and the other 3. UCF and USF will never be major powers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get why people keep saying this....UCF has more enrolled students than Ohio State. They have their own, really nice, stadium, have had some **** good players go to the NFL and is in a great location for recruiting. I wouldn't write off UCF, they just could be the next Miami."

"i agree UCF before USF."

• Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCF is about to get a NCAA investigation of their own so maybe the will fit right in with the rest of the ACC teams?

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Gismo- anyone can type anything on a message board.  doesn't mean the general consensus feels that way. 

i wouldnt be surprised if UCF fans moonlight as fake FSU fans on that board to talk positive about UCF.

no one with any logical sense could say that right now UCF is better prepared to join the ACC than USF.

Archived