• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami NCAA investigation - NCAA hands out fines, suspensions to the 8 players

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Gismo- anyone can type anything on a message board.  doesn't mean the general consensus feels that way. 

i wouldnt be surprised if UCF fans moonlight as fake FSU fans on that board to talk positive about UCF.

no one with any logical sense could say that right now UCF is better prepared to join the ACC than USF.

Although your masquerading UCF fans theory holds a lot of water, you could have a lot of FSU fans still pissed about 2009 and are throwing logic out the window ...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

Gismo- anyone can type anything on a message board.  doesn't mean the general consensus feels that way. 

i wouldnt be surprised if UCF fans moonlight as fake FSU fans on that board to talk positive about UCF.

no one with any logical sense could say that right now UCF is better prepared to join the ACC than USF.

Although your masquerading UCF fans theory holds a lot of water, you could have a lot of FSU fans still pissed about 2009 and are throwing logic out the window ...

or it could just be that the FSU fans actually attended UCF....

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

just like with Hurricanes and Gator fans, I would wager that 95% of the FSU fan base never attended a class at FSU because they were too stupid to get in and chose to go to UCF or Everest instead.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Going on memory alone, Duke is Rated 16, Ga. Tech. at 40 and Miami at 47.   Where is USF?  No where in sight!

And yet you're still not a graduate of Miami, so what's your point?  ;D

just like with Hurricanes and Gator fans, I would wager that 95% of the FSU fan base never attended a class at FSU because they were too stupid to get in and chose to go to UCF or Everest instead.

I'm thinking the FSU fanbase is not as riddled with those that never attended as the other 2 ...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm thinking the FSU fanbase is not as riddled with those that never attended as the other 2 ...

It's just as bad.

It's just as bad.

It'd be interesting to somehow see some figures because UM's thuglife rep, combined with the national titles drew in a ton of non alum ... and UF's decades long headstart over FSU being THE university in Florida for football has generations of crackers rooting for them that can't even spell "college". I'm sure FSU has a lot, especially in the panhandle area, but I just don't think they touch the other two in volume of non-alum fans.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's just as bad.

It'd be interesting to somehow see some figures because UM's thuglife rep, combined with the national titles drew in a ton of non alum ... and UF's decades long headstart over FSU being THE university in Florida for football has generations of crackers rooting for them that can't even spell "college". I'm sure FSU has a lot, especially in the panhandle area, but I just don't think they touch the other two in volume of non-alum fans.

FSU's run in the 90's certainly brought in a ton of bandwagoners like that too.  You don't have the kind of extended success that FSU did and not bring in tons of those type of fans.  For some reason FSU fans love to talk about their glory days but seem to have some kind of delusion that their fan base is above the bandwagon non attenders like the other two in the big 3.  This is one reason why i could never root for FSU they seem to be smug and have a we're above it all type attitude when they are just like the other two schools in just about every fashion.  I noticed this immediately when i moved to Florida back in 6th grade. 

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'm sure FSU has a lot, especially in the panhandle area, but I just don't think they touch the other two in volume of non-alum fans.

I think you'd be suprised about the Panhandle.... You basically have 4 choices... UF, Auburn, Alabama or go drown in the local river. Bama and UF in particular pretty much have the area locked up.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure FSU has a lot, especially in the panhandle area, but I just don't think they touch the other two in volume of non-alum fans.

I think you'd be suprised about the Panhandle.... You basically have 4 choices... UF, Auburn, Alabama or go drown in the local river. Bama and UF in particular pretty much have the area locked up.

Having lived in bradenton, Panama City and now Mobile, AL I can give you a pretty good idea of where the lines are drawn.  To Panama City, you'll see a pretty wide range actually between FSU, UF and Miami with a few SEC fans sprinkled in, but not in huge numbers.  I'd say FSU and UF being the two biggest.  But once you get to Pcola, UM seems to fade away in favor of FSU and UF with more Auburn/Bama/LSU types.  Then when you cross that FL line it definitely flip flops to Bama/AU with LSU with a few FSU/anything else SEC.  Rarely see a USF fan naturally, but don't see any UM fans either.

Other than that, I've been enjoying the Hurricane message board link above.  After reading 15 pages, I had to post...so here it was...Be curious to see what our Miami folks think of it... 

A few things that stuck out to me after reading all the articles and responses here.

1. There seems to be more hatred towards those coming clean and things being proven than if this behavior was actually pervasive for years on end WHILE being on probation. Just bc there's no hard evidence, doesn't mean something didn't happen. This is all the NCAA needs to levy a "message" to attempt to discourage future behavior like this in the future.

2. If you think this was all going on and every coach didn't know about it along with the administration you have to be in shock. If you've ever played on a team before, you know that this type of thing happening with one teammate wouldn't be able to be kept quiet, let alone when groups of players, star players are involved.

3. The one who is going to tie all this together is going to be the one or two guys who knew it was wrong and tried to stop it, but couldn't. This could be a guy like Shannon. Either he ignored it (big problem) or he tried to get help to stop it by alerting others. This causes numerous problems. It shows that others did nothing and had to know about it or they are lying by staying quiet or denying it which is another problem. It may even look worse if NO ONE comes forward as that says there's not a single honest person who saw this stuff going on who has the moral character to stand up for what is right now that they have the chance to set things right.

Fact is, illegal stuff was happening on a LARGE SCALE. Having one person like Moss confirm is really all it needs and just bc names aren't being published doesn't mean there aren't people talking for one of two reasons A) out of moral conviction or B) to save their own butt.

All it would take is for someone to say, we won't air the evidence we have of you sleeping with a hooker or your name coming out with the abortion thing to make it pretty hard for that person to "sing" and the dominos start falling.

4. This wasn't just about under age drinking or clubbing where a large majority of the population would say, "Who cares, almost everyone at college does that stuff so why should players be any different"? The sex element and the prostitution takes this thing to a very different level with the mass population. Most people at college drank while under age, but only a very small percentage probably ever slept with a hooker and I don't know many parents who are going to not be totally incensed when some guy the program knows about is setting all of this up.

My wife who doesn't even follow stuff like this ironically just asked, "What's going on at UM?" I started with the basics and she was like, "Oh." When i mentioned the hookers and the abortion, her reaction changed big time. I'd say she's going to be your "average" reader of all this stuff.

That's what the NCAA is going to gauge how hard they drop the hammer here. Not by the "hard evidence", but by what the majority of fans think should happen bc most won't need as much evidence as a loyal, common sense UM fan, not the ones who will dismiss everything no matter how large the evidence pile is.

Good luck, but this is not going to be pretty no matter how many people buy UM merchandise.

Archived