• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

So... why are all of these teams trying to shuffle around in  the first place? What is wrong with the current conference arrangements in the big 12 that TAMU wants to leave?

I hear all this talk about conference changes but I don't really have a clear understanding of the reasoning? Just for better TV contracts?

TAMU just seems out of place to me in the SEC.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

So... why are all of these teams trying to shuffle around in  the first place? What is wrong with the current conference arrangements in the big 12 that TAMU wants to leave?

I hear all this talk about conference changes but I don't really have a clear understanding of the reasoning? Just for better TV contracts?

I don't even know where to begin with this one.

In short the answer is: $$$$$$$$$$$

In long the answer is way too long for me to type.

• Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

According to this link it's a done deal.

http://www.iamthe12thman.com/2011/8/10/2356379/latest-secede-rumors

" I was told that A&M will make an announcement that they will leave the Big 12 and join SEC some time before September 1st."

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Brain teaser for you all:

I agree with Dixie that the SEC should go after Mizzou to come with TAMU. That said......everyone is hearing that the 14th team WILL come from the ACC. Now I have seen where 2 Big 12 insiders are saying that ACC school is FSU.

Now I know we all say, UF will never allow this......but let's just say it did happen. Also assume for a minute that the Big 12 doesn't implode and they just add Houston or BYU to fill their 10th spot. Thus no Kansas or KSU for the Big East.

The ACC calls the Big East usual subjects.....SU, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, ect.....and they all turn down an invite because they anticipate making $4-$7 million a year more with the new BE TV contract.

The ACC gets down to the bottom of the barrel.....USF. They offer us an invite to a league without FSU only Miami. You would also be taking a pay cut for that priviledge. If you don't take the offer, their next call will be to invite UCF.

If you do join the ACC....then the Big East turns around and will invite UCF, ECU, Houston if available if not then Temple and then upgrades Villanova and those schools would all then make more money than their ACC counterparts.

So in that crazy scenario......what do you do? Stay with BE.....or go to ACC?

Why do you think that UF would never allow FSU in? They play them every year, so why not? I understand that it would be a conference game, but that's the only drawback. FSU would bring even more fire power to the SEC. If ACC with Miami offers us, we need to jump. There's are natural in-state rival. It's already started, they think that hety're going back o the 80's but we know their payroll is too low.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You've gotta be kidding me, Texas Tech and ISU are 2 of the most likely BCS schools to be completely left out if superconferences happen.

ISU yes, but not TT. If OU goes to the PAC 12, then they will be bringing OK State and TT with them.

This should help open the door for the Big East to get Kansas, Kansas State and Missouri.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Just for grins and giggles... Why wouldn't/couldn't the BE go the other way and raid the ACC? Remember, this whole BCS realignment is a monetary move.

So IF the new BE contract will be better than the current ACC contract, someone mentioned $5-$7mil, would that entice an ACC school to move?

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

what happens to the big 12 tv deal if the big 12 implodes?  i thought that was like a contract?

or would the tv network simply rip it up and say breach of contract without the same teams?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

what happens to the big 12 tv deal if the big 12 implodes?  i thought that was like a contract?

or would the tv network simply rip it up and say breach of contract without the same teams?

I'd guess it would have to be ripped up.

• Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Now the the commish is chiming in on the situation:

""I'll put it this way, I'm taking it very seriously. I've been talking to a number of people. Obviously, there are a significant number of Aggie supporters who are interested in going in that direction."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31253705

This is taking a snowball affect, I really hope that USF lands on its feet.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Why do they seem out of place?  The school is one steeped with tradition, in a small town that basically is just the school, has a great base of fanatical alumni, and isn't that far geographically from Arkansas and LSU.  It looks like a pretty good fit, and that's not even considering the fact that it opens the SEC up to Texas.

The only thing I would like to see is USF somehow work our way into the SEC, but I think it is far too early if expansion happens soon.  It's still my dream conference for the Bulls.

GO BULLS!

Archived