• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

People thinking the BE will get a better contract, without the promise of adding KU, KSU, and Missou are out of their minds.

Better teams are nice but that is not what is driving the price up.......

It is the fact that the Big East is the LAST available college sports property available for years to come.

If NBC is serious about getting into college football and college basketball for their new NBC Sports channel.....this is their last shot.

They missed out on both the Big 12 and the Pac-12.

I guess per your comment I am out of my mind......and maybe so is NBC then.

Well, NBC would be out of their minds to offer that much money.

NBC lost both the Big 12 and PAC 12 to ESPN. How much programming do you think ESPN needs? It could be the case that ESPN isn't going to get in a bidding war if we ask for much more than what they've already offered.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They won't add TCU and Houston? Whynot? Both would drop trough for that Big 12 TV contract, and Texas couple abuse them. They won't care, plus they used to be SWC members.

As for the remainder of the Big 12. Nothing has really said they're jumping. Oklahoma doesn't have their own TV network, but they've got a sweet lopsided deal from the Big 12. I don't see it falling apart at this point, not unless Oklahoma really jumps.

Why would OU, TT, OSU (because they are a package deal more than anything) stay in a conference where they are second class citizens when they could bolt to the PAC and make MORE money and not be the Longhorns' bitches?  Also you think they would want the perception that they chose to stay there and A&M decided they were tired of it?  Something tells me those Universities have some pride and won't want the image of being willing to be bent over by Texas and taking whatever scraps the Horns allow them to get while A&M said enough and bettered themselves.  Once teams bolt for the PAC all bets are off and you can bet Mizzou, and the Kansas Schools will be looking to find a safe landing spot.  

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

People thinking the BE will get a better contract, without the promise of adding KU, KSU, and Missou are out of their minds.

Better teams are nice but that is not what is driving the price up.......

It is the fact that the Big East is the LAST available college sports property available for years to come.

If NBC is serious about getting into college football and college basketball for their new NBC Sports channel.....this is their last shot.

They missed out on both the Big 12 and the Pac-12.

I guess per your comment I am out of my mind......and maybe so is NBC then.

Well, NBC would be out of their minds to offer that much money.

NBC lost both the Big 12 and PAC 12 to ESPN. How much programming do you think ESPN needs? It could be the case that ESPN isn't going to get in a bidding war if we ask for much more than what they've already offered.

ESPN only wants Big East basketball. The football is a neccessary evil to them. You are aware that last season the Big East provided more head to head top 25 matchups than all the other conferences combined?

Espn would be fine without BE basketball but they don't particularly want to be 2nd or 3rd fiddle to NBC and CBS in that sport.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

^^^ Fair enough, we'll see. I hadn't realized the estimated figure, as is, were so high for the Big East.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

1) Why do people believe the Big 12 will explode if Texas A&M jets? They still have two major football powers in Oklahoma and Texas

2) The Big 12 can go with 9. Or expand to include TCU, Houston, etc.

3) I repeat again. THE BIG EAST TV CONTRACT WILL NOT BE MORE THAN THE ACC.

4) I don't think Florida would block FSU at all.

Welll here I go again - If the Big 12 stays togeather and does expand why not take USF ?  New market - I think they would love to be in Florida in a big TV market and recruiting visits every year.  The idea of adding Kan, K-State and Iowa St to the BE will not happen.  Markets aren't that good, to many people trying for a piece of the pie and none bring good football tradition just Kan and BB.  Actually if I were UCF I wold camp out on their door step and stop stop begging until they let me in.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Just for grins and giggles... Why wouldn't/couldn't the BE go the other way and raid the ACC? Remember, this whole BCS realignment is a monetary move.

So IF the new BE contract will be better than the current ACC contract, someone mentioned $5-$7mil, would that entice an ACC school to move?

At best I could see the BEast "trading" USF and Louisville to the ACC for BC and Maryland... but that is a major long shot.

I just heard on ESPN radio that Texas has targeted Louisville as their primary target IF A&M/Mizzou bolts for the SEC... of course remember that the BigXII raiding the BEast is a long shot because in order for them to be able to raid LV they would need to not fall apart.

Everything that I am hearing right now from ESPN is that TT & OU/OSU have publicly stated that IF A&M/Mizzou join the SEC then they are going to the PAC...

I have also heard from about 6 different sources today via XM Radio that the SEC has sent delegates from Florida and from Georgia to Tallahassee to discuss issues with FSU. The real question here is not whether FSU will join the SEC, because lets face it they are a lock... the real question is who will be the 16th team... will the SEC take Clemson or Ga Tech??

I think we will be hearing something in a bout 2-3 weeks or less about the formation of the first ever 16 team conference's (SEC) and the first ever 14 team mega conference (PAC & B1G).

If this occurs the BEast is toast because the ACC will pick it apart... lets just hope that USF is one of the teams they tap.

I still can't see Missouri ending up in the SEC.

I disagree that the Big East would get picked apart by the ACC, especially with the potential for a better TV deal than what the ACC has.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Alot of this talk is assuming that the SEC goes to 14, and the ACC stays at 12.

What happens if this triggers the 16 team super conferences. I easily see the Big XII and Big East being absorbed by the other 4 conferences.

• Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

Getting some more validation here.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6851396/texas-governor-says-texas-considering-move-sec

Rick Perry probably has considerable insight into the program, so I'd trust him.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I don't won't USF to left behind. If a decision will be made in a few weeks. Against ND we'll be playing for our BCS lives.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

legislature would never let it happen

perry is a nut

Archived