• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6993604/big-east-big-12-talking-possible-merger-sources-say

Big East and Big 12 conference and school officials have been exploring ways to merge their embattled leagues, but talks have centered on an arrangement in which what's left of the Big East schools would blend into the Big 12, and not vice-versa, multiple Big 12 sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Hope it works out this way and not the other way 'round - it's long past time to end the bball / fball split that has held the B.E back.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6993604/big-east-big-12-talking-possible-merger-sources-say

Big East and Big 12 conference and school officials have been exploring ways to merge their embattled leagues, but talks have centered on an arrangement in which what's left of the Big East schools would blend into the Big 12, and not vice-versa, multiple Big 12 sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Hope it works out this way and not the other way 'round - it's long past time to end the bball / fball split that has held the B.E back.

Agree 100% ... hopefully OU & OK St stay in Big 12 and Cincy, L'ville, USF & WVU are added.

• Content Count:  1,261

If both ND and Texas were smart they would band together and sell themselves to a conference that would allow them to both keep their own network deals.

I guarantee that a reformed Big 12 or Big East would love to have both.  I think the remaining teams would look at it and realize that the conference would still make more money than if they tried to do it on their own with out those two involved.  Those two would know they have a home for all sports and are reaping the benefits of an independent.

I think the Big 12/Big East left overs need to try and make this move before the ACC does.

I certain no one likes to give the crying kid his candy to shut him up but in a few dire situations it may be the best available option.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

If both ND and Texas were smart they would band together and sell themselves to a conference that would allow them to both keep their own network deals.

I guarantee that a reformed Big 12 or Big East would love to have both.  I think the remaining teams would look at it and realize that the conference would still make more money than if they tried to do it on their own with out those two involved.  Those two would know they have a home for all sports and are reaping the benefits of an independent.

I think the Big 12/Big East left overs need to try and make this move before the ACC does.

I certain no one likes to give the crying kid his candy to shut him up but in a few dire situations it may be the best available option.

That might actually work.  Texas in a west div. and ND in an east div. of a B12/BE combined superconference might just be the answer to our prayers.  Give them some carte blanche deal because of their status as the biggest fish and lets lock up some schools.  That would throw those ACC faggots into a frenzy.  I'm kind of liking this scenario but the little bball schools need to get friggin lost.........no room at the Inn for you.

• Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

jignus, go back to your Miami board.  Enjoy your sancations

• Content Count:  270

Living in the KC metro, I would be amazed if Missouri actually gets into the SEC...just like we were all amazed when the story came last year that Missouri was going to the Big 10. 

• Content Count:  270

Living in the KC metro, I would be amazed if Missouri actually gets into the SEC...just like we were all amazed when the story came out last year that Missouri was going to the Big 10. 

• Content Count:  1,741

GRAPEVINE, TEXAS — NCAA President Mark Emmert chided schools and conferences Monday for what he called an embarrassing tumult over conference realignment.

Speaking to major-college athletics directors — some from schools headed for new homes or weighing jumps, some from conferences left behind — Emmert said the movement of the past few weeks left the impression that an enterprise ostensibly tied to higher education is being driven solely by money.

“We are in many respects our own worst enemy in all of that,†he said as the 100-plus ADs opened two days of annual meetings here.

“The world is convinced that’s all we do, that’s all the NCAA cares about, that’s all presidents care about, that’s all you care about. How many times have you read that in the past 10 days alone: That’s all this is about; this is about money. ... I didn’t read about many of us stepping up and saying, ‘Well you know, this will actually work really well for student-athletes because ... it’ll help us stabilize our programs because we’ll then be able to do this and that.â€

He told the ADs, “We need to find serious ways of driving forward our message that we are in the business of education and development of young men and young women.’ â€

Texas A&M is headed from the Big 12 to the Southeastern Conference, Pittsburgh and Syracuse from the Big East to Atlantic Coast, and Oklahoma led a contingent of four more Big 12 schools that weighed a move to the Pacific 12. Big 12 member Missouri still hasn’t ruled out joining A&M in the SEC, and the Big East is trying to figure out how to rebuild.

“You can’t fault an institution for being in a self-preservation mode, but I don’t think it was college athletics’ finest hour,†said Stanford AD Bob Bowlsby, who was in Emmert’s audience. “There were hurried decisions made and probably made for not good enough reasons.

“I think it contributed to a perception people (already) were having, coming from the rules violations, the whole summer environment we had.â€

Malloy doesn't see quick ACC decision

Connecticut’s governor confirmed that the University of Connecticut is interested in becoming part of the Atlantic Coast Conference should that league expand to 16 teams.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said he no longer expects the ACC to act quickly after adding Pittsburgh and Syracuse from the Big East this month.

Archived