• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The only thing I would like to see is USF somehow work our way into the SEC, but I think it is far too early if expansion happens soon.  It's still my dream conference for the Bulls.

Never going to happen.

Big East or ACC is most likely.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

sec? no way.  we'd either end up in an expanded BE, or we would somehow end up in the acc at best.  get the sec out of your head - it'll never happen.

• Content Count:  10,565

Marinatto may have been on to something with the $23 million per program with the new tv deal. Adding the St. Louis and Kansas City markets can only help.

Marinatto may have been on to something with the $23 million per program with the new tv deal. Adding the St. Louis and Kansas City markets can only help.

oooh!  good point!  that would make sense money-wise, but what does that bring the deal to in total dollars?  (can't remember breakdown of FB vs non-FB schools).  just wondering if the total dollar amount is too ridiculous to be true.

• Content Count:  7,780

Brain teaser for you all:

I agree with Dixie that the SEC should go after Mizzou to come with TAMU. That said......everyone is hearing that the 14th team WILL come from the ACC. Now I have seen where 2 Big 12 insiders are saying that ACC school is FSU.

Now I know we all say, UF will never allow this......but let's just say it did happen. Also assume for a minute that the Big 12 doesn't implode and they just add Houston or BYU to fill their 10th spot. Thus no Kansas or KSU for the Big East.

The ACC calls the Big East usual subjects.....SU, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, ect.....and they all turn down an invite because they anticipate making $4-$7 million a year more with the new BE TV contract.

The ACC gets down to the bottom of the barrel.....USF. They offer us an invite to a league without FSU only Miami. You would also be taking a pay cut for that priviledge. If you don't take the offer, their next call will be to invite UCF.

If you do join the ACC....then the Big East turns around and will invite UCF, ECU, Houston if available if not then Temple and then upgrades Villanova and those schools would all then make more money than their ACC counterparts.

So in that crazy scenario......what do you do? Stay with BE.....or go to ACC?

Your a USF fan and call us the bottom of the barrel of the conference?  Come on....

The answer is go with the money, like any other program would do (as long as you are staying in a BCS conference)

• Content Count:  7,780

So... why are all of these teams trying to shuffle around in  the first place? What is wrong with the current conference arrangements in the big 12 that TAMU wants to leave?

I hear all this talk about conference changes but I don't really have a clear understanding of the reasoning? Just for better TV contracts?

TAMU just seems out of place to me in the SEC.

Money, money, money

^^  this.

you're never out-of-place when your pockets are lined with money.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1) Why do people believe the Big 12 will explode if Texas A&M jets? They still have two major football powers in Oklahoma and Texas

2) The Big 12 can go with 9. Or expand to include TCU, Houston, etc.

3) I repeat again. THE BIG EAST TV CONTRACT WILL NOT BE MORE THAN THE ACC.

4) I don't think Florida would block FSU at all.

1) Why do people believe the Big 12 will explode if Texas A&M jets? They still have two major football powers in Oklahoma and Texas

just thinking of the possible domino effect.  "if they can get more money, then what about me?"

if they stay at nine, then will they have to re-divide the monies?  (assuming the contract for their tv deal is still valid).  i'd say they stay at 9 or else they implode.

hopefully you're wrong ;)

i agree completely

• Content Count:  5,881

That's you speculating. In reality, no one knows how much the Big East gets, but EVERYTHING points to the BE getting more than the ACC. And you honestly think Oklahoma is happy with how Texas is going about things? They will jet to the PAC-12 if offered.

Archived