• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

what are guys talking about?....if the SEC is going to take anybody, it's going to be UCF, not even a question.  ;D

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry but i think its bad news for the league. a 14 member conference cause the big ten and pac 12 to go after more teams. Your crazy to think those conferences will not do anything.  They are the two conferences that started all of this.  The Big 10 and Pac 12 won't let TTech, Ok st., Missouri etc. just hang around either. It would be obvious to think those conferences would go for 14 and both wanted 16, it could be the right time for both to be able to do that.  Whether it's 14 or 16 it will def. cause the ACC to bulk up to 14 at least so they aren't miles behind.  And where do you think the ACC is getting teams? the big east.  Maybe the Big 10 goes after the Big East like previously thought.  who knows.  It you have 2 or 3 teams poached, good luckj trying to now gain back credability to the point of the superconference level even with a baylor or ku ksu. they just aren't power fball teams. i think the best case scenerio is that if this happens 14 members is the goal and not 16. then it leaves less teams to get gobbled up both from big 12 n big east. in hindsight allowing the big east to possible make up some ground with the leftover big 12 if the big east is poached once again.

If and its a major IF here, but if the Big12 falls apart and the SEC expands by adding A&M and OU then I guarantee that they would add 2 more teams to reach 16. My money is on them adding FSU and either Clemson or Georgia Tech. The SEC would not want Miami because while its a Southern school its culture is not Southern. If the SEC expands they will raid the ACC.

If the ACC is raided then the Big East, if it wants to remain in existence, will need to try and raid the ACC... feasibly we could steal Boston College, Virginia Tech, Maryland, or Virgina assuming that FSU and either Georgia Tech/Clemson are both gone.

Realistically if the SEC expanded and the ACC is raided then I see the Big East doing what it always does, which is sitting on its hands and getting gutted. The ACC would most likely gut the Big East to follow the SEC's lead and go to 16 teams as well. If the ACC is able to jump first and raid the Big East then they could feasibly take USF, WV, Louisville, TCU, Pitt, and Rutgers/Cuse/or UConn... the left overs would go to the Big10.

In either scenario USF would be in a great spot.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'd rather be in a watered down ACC over the Big East... logistically it's a better scenario.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

@southshore, I'm with 100% on that. The BE does not have a leg to stand on. Unless the said teams leave the B-12. Then BE should pounce on those teams like a fat kid on cake.

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

If FSU or Miami were to go to the SEC then by all means we are safe with the invite to the ACC to fill a Florida school slot.  But from all the turmoil last summer with expansion it was clear that the SEC only wanted NEW markets if anything hince OK and TX (I mean the state not school). It seemed very clear while Clemson and FSU were the two favorites from the ACC the SEC had no interest in either because the SEC already owns the SC and Fl markets with such big brand schools UF and USC. While FSu will make the FL market better, it's not as good as bringing in a new market with a big name product.  It seemed very clear last summer that the FSUs, Clemsons, Miamis had no shot at an invite if the megaconference thing went crazy. That is why I said I worried. 

On a different note I did see Oklahoma is working hard to make their own network as of now, and A&M is studying the idea.  If both or even one school puts out their own network you can forget about them being able to ever join the SEC, no schpool networks just the SEC policy. With the schools pushing to do their own networks however it keeps the major players in the Big 12 put and the rest of the country happy with the model at 12. Unless Delaney the devil trys to start **** up again.

So if all remains stable in the Big 12 this time next year I think Nova or ECU are the better choices.  Maybe Houston.  UCF makes sense but I don't want them of course and it hurts the rest of the BE schools in recruiting.

• Content Count:  771

If FSU or Miami were to go to the SEC then by all means we are safe with the invite to the ACC to fill a Florida school slot.  But from all the turmoil last summer with expansion it was clear that the SEC only wanted NEW markets if anything hince OK and TX (I mean the state not school). It seemed very clear while Clemson and FSU were the two favorites from the ACC the SEC had no interest in either because the SEC already owns the SC and Fl markets with such big brand schools UF and USC. While FSu will make the FL market better, it's not as good as bringing in a new market with a big name product.  It seemed very clear last summer that the FSUs, Clemsons, Miamis had no shot at an invite if the megaconference thing went crazy. That is why I said I worried. 

On a different note I did see Oklahoma is working hard to make their own network as of now, and A&M is studying the idea.  If both or even one school puts out their own network you can forget about them being able to ever join the SEC, no schpool networks just the SEC policy. With the schools pushing to do their own networks however it keeps the major players in the Big 12 put and the rest of the country happy with the model at 12. Unless Delaney the devil trys to start **** up again.

So if all remains stable in the Big 12 this time next year I think Nova or ECU are the better choices.  Maybe Houston.   UCF makes sense but I don't want them of course and it hurts the rest of the BE schools in recruiting.

We will be safe a scenario where the sec takes texas and oklahoma.  The big east would get kansas and the others.  Plus the big ten would more than likely take nd and mizzou.  I am not worried.  rutgers and pitt are not as attractive as everyone thinks on this site.

• Content Count:  4,879

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

what are guys talking about?....if the SEC is going to take anybody, it's going to be UCF, not even a question.  ;D

According to the Orlando Sentinel the SEC comissioner believes UCF is "major conference material" and Silve states "Since UCF is already beating SEC teams in bowl games" Didn't know 1 win meant multiple wins

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

It wouldn't hurt Texas to go independent. More money in there pockets.

Archived