• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

1) Why do people believe the Big 12 will explode if Texas A&M jets? They still have two major football powers in Oklahoma and Texas

2) The Big 12 can go with 9. Or expand to include TCU, Houston, etc.

3) I repeat again. THE BIG EAST TV CONTRACT WILL NOT BE MORE THAN THE ACC.

4) I don't think Florida would block FSU at all.

1) There are other programs that are pissed about the Longhorn Network and you can certainly bet that OU is one of them. They are the power player right now and can play off either an SEC or PAC 12 invite.

Why do you think Missouri was pushing hard at leaving? They want out as fast as possible.

2) Not a chance in hell that TCU or Houston would get an invite with Texas running the show if the league stays in tact.

3) With the addition of TCU and the potential of getting KU/KSU/Mizzou the Big East will easily get a better deal. The ACC might have to worry about staying in tact because FSU could see and SEC invite and Maryland and Georgia Tech have been specualted to see interest from the B1G.

4) Agree

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Nothing points to the Big East getting more than the ACC. everything points to us getting a much better deal than the current crap we have.

The league apparently turned down an ESPN expansion that would have paid around 9-10 mil a year. (130 mil/year for the football/basketball package

The ACC signed a deal for 13 mil a year.

It could be close to equal, but it won't be more.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Brain teaser for you all:

I agree with Dixie that the SEC should go after Mizzou to come with TAMU. That said......everyone is hearing that the 14th team WILL come from the ACC. Now I have seen where 2 Big 12 insiders are saying that ACC school is FSU.

Now I know we all say, UF will never allow this......but let's just say it did happen. Also assume for a minute that the Big 12 doesn't implode and they just add Houston or BYU to fill their 10th spot. Thus no Kansas or KSU for the Big East.

The ACC calls the Big East usual subjects.....SU, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, ect.....and they all turn down an invite because they anticipate making $4-$7 million a year more with the new BE TV contract.

The ACC gets down to the bottom of the barrel.....USF. They offer us an invite to a league without FSU only Miami. You would also be taking a pay cut for that priviledge. If you don't take the offer, their next call will be to invite UCF.

If you do join the ACC....then the Big East turns around and will invite UCF, ECU, Houston if available if not then Temple and then upgrades Villanova and those schools would all then make more money than their ACC counterparts.

So in that crazy scenario......what do you do? Stay with BE.....or go to ACC?

Your a USF fan and call us the bottom of the barrel of the conference?  Come on....

The answer is go with the money, like any other program would do (as long as you are staying in a BCS conference)

Well if I must elaborate on that.....I am not down on USF.....I am just aware of where we stand from a national presense. The ACC is an Academic Conference first......when they took FSU....that was a big reach for them .

Thus, the ACC would only look at UConn, SU, Rutgers and Pitt....if they wanted someone to fit their model. If they could not get one of those then yes....they would be reaching into the bottom of the barrell. In doing so WVU and Louisville would still probably be ahead of us....sure our academics are roughly the same but on the field/court those programs generate much more money.

Assuming FSU was lost....and they couldn't get those 6 schools I mentioned.....then would probably come USF. Cincy would probably be behind us but I doubt they would leave the BE.

My point is basically, if you knew UCF was going to gain BCS status......and they would get whatever you didn't choose, which would you choose:

Would you take Showcase #1: Annual Miami Rivalry and prestige of being with academic ACC schools

Or Showcase #2: More Money

• Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

Brain teaser for you all:

I agree with Dixie that the SEC should go after Mizzou to come with TAMU. That said......everyone is hearing that the 14th team WILL come from the ACC. Now I have seen where 2 Big 12 insiders are saying that ACC school is FSU.

Now I know we all say, UF will never allow this......but let's just say it did happen. Also assume for a minute that the Big 12 doesn't implode and they just add Houston or BYU to fill their 10th spot. Thus no Kansas or KSU for the Big East.

The ACC calls the Big East usual subjects.....SU, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, ect.....and they all turn down an invite because they anticipate making $4-$7 million a year more with the new BE TV contract.

The ACC gets down to the bottom of the barrel.....USF. They offer us an invite to a league without FSU only Miami. You would also be taking a pay cut for that priviledge. If you don't take the offer, their next call will be to invite UCF.

If you do join the ACC....then the Big East turns around and will invite UCF, ECU, Houston if available if not then Temple and then upgrades Villanova and those schools would all then make more money than their ACC counterparts.

So in that crazy scenario......what do you do? Stay with BE.....or go to ACC?

Your a USF fan and call us the bottom of the barrel of the conference?  Come on....

The answer is go with the money, like any other program would do (as long as you are staying in a BCS conference)

Well if I must elaborate on that.....I am not down on USF.....I am just aware of where we stand from a national presense. The ACC is an Academic Conference first......when they took FSU....that was a big reach for them .

Thus, the ACC would only look at UConn, SU, Rutgers and Pitt....if they wanted someone to fit their model. If they could not get one of those then yes....they would be reaching into the bottom of the barrell. In doing so WVU and Louisville would still probably be ahead of us....sure our academics are roughly the same but on the field/court those programs generate much more money.

Assuming FSU was lost....and they couldn't get those 6 schools I mentioned.....then would probably come USF. Cincy would probably be behind us but I doubt they would leave the BE.

My point is basically, if you knew UCF was going to gain BCS status......and they would get whatever you didn't choose, which would you choose:

Would you take Showcase #1: Annual Miami Rivalry and prestige of being with academic ACC schools

Or Showcase #2: More Money

admit it, you hate usf  :D

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They won't add TCU and Houston? Whynot? Both would drop trough for that Big 12 TV contract, and Texas couple abuse them. They won't care, plus they used to be SWC members.

As for the remainder of the Big 12. Nothing has really said they're jumping. Oklahoma doesn't have their own TV network, but they've got a sweet lopsided deal from the Big 12. I don't see it falling apart at this point, not unless Oklahoma really jumps.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

They won't add TCU and Houston? Whynot? Both would drop trough for that Big 12 TV contract, and Texas couple abuse them. They won't care, plus they used to be SWC members.

As for the remainder of the Big 12. Nothing has really said they're jumping. Oklahoma doesn't have their own TV network, but they've got a sweet lopsided deal from the Big 12. I don't see it falling apart at this point, not unless Oklahoma really jumps.

Houston, yes I could see the Big 12 taking them. But come on Joe, its widely known that TCU will not get an invite to the Big 12. Big 12 sources have already said so.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

People thinking the BE will get a better contract, without the promise of adding KU, KSU, and Missou are out of their minds.

Nothing points to the Big East getting more than the ACC. everything points to us getting a much better deal than the current crap we have.

The league apparently turned down an ESPN expansion that would have paid around 9-10 mil a year. (130 mil/year for the football/basketball package

The ACC signed a deal for 13 mil a year.

It could be close to equal, but it won't be more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2011/08/03/2011-08-03_big_east_kicks_off_quest_for_pay_dirt.html

Representatives from CBS, Comcast (which wants a prime-time Saturday night game to compete with ABC), NBC Sports and Fox were all conspicuous by their presence at Big East football media day here Tuesday and sources indicate the bidding could escalate to between $15 million and $18 million for the rights, which would give Big East football more value than the ACC, whose teams make $13 million each in their deal.

Also, the other day Brett McMurphy tweeted:

Also confirmed media rights deal Big East turned down from ESPN: 9 years, $1.4 billion

Which is more than the contract terms that you are referring to. The question is.....how many schools made up that figure....only 9/17 or were there more?

You are also only referring to ESPN's offer when no one else is bidding against them. Obviously, the BE is gambling that it will be worth it to wait to more years on the current contract to get that much more money.

People thinking the BE will get a better contract, without the promise of adding KU, KSU, and Missou are out of their minds.

Better teams are nice but that is not what is driving the price up.......

It is the fact that the Big East is the LAST available college sports property available for years to come.

If NBC is serious about getting into college football and college basketball for their new NBC Sports channel.....this is their last shot.

They missed out on both the Big 12 and the Pac-12.

I guess per your comment I am out of my mind......and maybe so is NBC then.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Just for grins and giggles... Why wouldn't/couldn't the BE go the other way and raid the ACC? Remember, this whole BCS realignment is a monetary move.

So IF the new BE contract will be better than the current ACC contract, someone mentioned $5-$7mil, would that entice an ACC school to move?

At best I could see the BEast "trading" USF and Louisville to the ACC for BC and Maryland... but that is a major long shot.

I just heard on ESPN radio that Texas has targeted Louisville as their primary target IF A&M/Mizzou bolts for the SEC... of course remember that the BigXII raiding the BEast is a long shot because in order for them to be able to raid LV they would need to not fall apart.

Everything that I am hearing right now from ESPN is that TT & OU/OSU have publicly stated that IF A&M/Mizzou join the SEC then they are going to the PAC...

I have also heard from about 6 different sources today via XM Radio that the SEC has sent delegates from Florida and from Georgia to Tallahassee to discuss issues with FSU. The real question here is not whether FSU will join the SEC, because lets face it they are a lock... the real question is who will be the 16th team... will the SEC take Clemson or Ga Tech??

I think we will be hearing something in a bout 2-3 weeks or less about the formation of the first ever 16 team conference's (SEC) and the first ever 14 team mega conference (PAC & B1G).

If this occurs the BEast is toast because the ACC will pick it apart... lets just hope that USF is one of the teams they tap.

Archived