• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I know the Big East is probably not the most proactive group, but it would be nice if they had an agreement in place that in the event the Big XII dissolves, Kansas, K-State, and Missouri join the Big East.

Mizzou is going to the SEC with A&M... its either A&M/OU or A&M/Mizzou... the issue with OU is that they can't go anywhere without OSU, which is a team that the SEC does not want to add.

Thus it appears that the PAC will end up getting OU/OSU... the SEC will get A&M/Mizzou... the B1G will most likely get Iowa State/Texas Tech... and hopefully the BEast has the balls and the intelligence to offer Kansas (#10), Kansas State (#11), and Baylor (#12) a deal. I know Baylor is not sexy or a good team, but they will give TCU an instate rival which is something they don't currently have and we will be able to have a BEast Championship...

Seriously the BEast Commissh stated that the BEast is courting Army/Navy and UCF... Army and Navy have stated repeatedly that they are happy with being independent schools from this point onward... so they are out, so if we add Kansas and Kansas State that leaves us at 11 teams with one empty spot... I would rather have Baylor in it then UCF.

In any event from what I have read this is going to go down this week... maybe next...

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

NO WAY the politicians allow Texas and TAMU to seperate. If it does happen at all it will take a while and it will be a fight to the end. They cannot simply sign a contract with the SEC and say we are going. The good 'ol boys will raise a lot hell before that happens. In essence TAMU (based on a better conference...SEC) will look better to a lot of recruits and UT will try like hell to prevent that from happening.They are old school down there.

Most of the insiders think it will be left alone. The Texas legislature is in recess and if TAMU pulls the trigger say AUg 22 at this next meeting. Perry would have to call a special session for the pols to even get involved. Perry came out today saying he was going to let TAMU do what it thinks is in their best interests signaling the legislature will not get involved.

This difference this time around is that if only TAMU leaves....the Big 12 will not automatically implode like last year where Texas, OU & company were set to go to the Pac 10. Thus Baylor is not certainly left out in the cold. Many even say TAMU leaving may be best for all in the state because if they just add say Houston......then UH gets AQ status plus TAMU get what it wants.

TCU would never be included. As mentioned.....Houston would be included before TCU. Texas is about making their schedule easier....not harder. They are happy to not play Nebraska or a championship game.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I know the Big East is probably not the most proactive group, but it would be nice if they had an agreement in place that in the event the Big XII dissolves, Kansas, K-State, and Missouri join the Big East.

Mizzou is going to the SEC with A&M... its either A&M/OU or A&M/Mizzou... the issue with OU is that they can't go anywhere without OSU, which is a team that the SEC does not want to add.

Thus it appears that the PAC will end up getting OU/OSU... the SEC will get A&M/Mizzou... the B1G will most likely get Iowa State/Texas Tech... and hopefully the BEast has the balls and the intelligence to offer Kansas (#10), Kansas State (#11), and Baylor (#12) a deal. I know Baylor is not sexy or a good team, but they will give TCU an instate rival which is something they don't currently have and we will be able to have a BEast Championship...

Seriously the BEast Commissh stated that the BEast is courting Army/Navy and UCF... Army and Navy have stated repeatedly that they are happy with being independent schools from this point onward... so they are out, so if we add Kansas and Kansas State that leaves us at 11 teams with one empty spot... I would rather have Baylor in it then UCF.

In any event from what I have read this is going to go down this week... maybe next...

You seem pretty confident of Mizzou going to the SEC. We'll come back to that after all is said and done and see if you are correct. On the second part, you can't be serious? There is no chance on god's green earth of Iowa State or Texas Tech going to the Big Ten.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Brain teaser for you all:

I agree with Dixie that the SEC should go after Mizzou to come with TAMU. That said......everyone is hearing that the 14th team WILL come from the ACC. Now I have seen where 2 Big 12 insiders are saying that ACC school is FSU.

Now I know we all say, UF will never allow this......but let's just say it did happen. Also assume for a minute that the Big 12 doesn't implode and they just add Houston or BYU to fill their 10th spot. Thus no Kansas or KSU for the Big East.

The ACC calls the Big East usual subjects.....SU, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, ect.....and they all turn down an invite because they anticipate making $4-$7 million a year more with the new BE TV contract.

The ACC gets down to the bottom of the barrel.....USF. They offer us an invite to a league without FSU only Miami. You would also be taking a pay cut for that priviledge. If you don't take the offer, their next call will be to invite UCF.

If you do join the ACC....then the Big East turns around and will invite UCF, ECU, Houston if available if not then Temple and then upgrades Villanova and those schools would all then make more money than their ACC counterparts.

So in that crazy scenario......what do you do? Stay with BE.....or go to ACC?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Iowa state:

Geographic anomaly

Perennial 5-7 win team

Stuck in shadow of another school in their state.

Sounds like a big east team to me.

I kid though. Hey, they are a BCS team, they beat Texas last year (our conf champ lost to temple meanwhile) and they've got tradition. I'd gladly take them over a MAC or CUSA team

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with Dixie that the SEC should go after Mizzou to come with TAMU. That said......everyone is hearing that the 14th team WILL come from the ACC. Now I have seen where 2 Big 12 insiders are saying that ACC school is FSU.

Now I know we all say, UF will never allow this......but let's just say it did happen. Also assume for a minute that the Big 12 doesn't implode and they just add Houston or BYU to fill their 10th spot. Thus no Kansas or KSU for the Big East.

The ACC calls the Big East usual subjects.....SU, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, ect.....and they all turn down an invite because they anticipate making $4-$7 million a year more with the new BE TV contract.

The ACC gets down to the bottom of the barrel.....USF. They offer us an invite to a league without FSU only Miami. You would also be taking a pay cut for that priviledge. If you don't take the offer, their next call will be to invite UCF.

If you do join the ACC....then the Big East turns around and will invite UCF, ECU, Houston if available if not then Temple and then upgrades Villanova and those schools would all then make more money than their ACC counterparts.

The following is a scenario in the not so distant future.

Commissioner of ACC/Big Ten(+2):  Hello, <insert Big East school AD>, how are you?

AD: Good.

Commissioner: Listen, we're expanding the conference, and would like to...

AD: YES!

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

You go with the ACC, it's about survival in this BCS circus... and I have more faith that the ACC survives

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

You've gotta be kidding me, Texas Tech and ISU are 2 of the most likely BCS schools to be completely left out if superconferences happen. The Big 10 inviting UCF and Memphis is more likely than that.

Big East will be ok, ACC is locked into a long deal that underpays, unless ESPN allows them to renegotiate if they add teams (which i think they may do to allow the ACC to survive) the BE is in better shape than the ACC right now, despite being a weaker conference.

If the BE comes out of this with KU, KSU, and Mizzou, Marinatto deserves a big raise.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Which is a better scenario for USF, being in an better conf(ACC) that may under pay or be in the worst BCS conf(BE) that pays well?

I still feel the ACC is a better route for USF.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Which is a better scenario for USF, being in an better conf(ACC) that may under pay or be in the worst BCS conf(BE) that pays well?

I still feel the ACC is a better route for USF.

Depending on who goes where the ACC might not be considered better after the music stops.  The best place for USF is the place that's going to pay us the most money since it will help us further improve our facilities and infrastructure as an athletic department. 

Archived