• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Just like everything else - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - doesn't matter if it'r right, wrong, or who gets hurt in the process.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i could use some excitement.  bring on the turmoil!  realignment!

• Content Count:  27

and like the title of this thread. here we go again and again and again. Newest Pac 16 rumor

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2011/7/31/2306851/pac-12-expansion-rumors-texas-tech-red-raiders-oklahoma-sooners-ok-state-cowboys-big-12

http://tamu.scout.com/2/1090643.html

The article talks about the Big 12 members other then Texas are secretly talking to other conferences including the Big East, Pac 12, and SEC. Apparently the SEC doesn't want Ok St. so OU is looking at other options. The rumor stats that OU Texas Tech and OSU are all looking toward the Pac 12 (4th member to make the Pac 16, could be anyone Kansas, Boise, BYU, Baylor).  While Missouri is the new replacement for Ou as a package deal with A&M to go to the SEC.  It is also stated that Kansas and Kansas St. are in discussions with the Big East about a possible move.  It could all go down if the Big 12 AD meeting this coming week doesn't pan out. And yep you guessed it, its all about the LHN/ESPN aspirations.

This would be great for the Big East but one thing is left out. The Big Ten would be left out of any teams it wanted from the Big 12 and with a "new" Pac 16 and say 14 in the SEC the Big Ten will move to get 14 or 16 meaning the Big East would be the target. Yes you Cuse, Pitt, Rutgers.  Could spell trouble for the Big East if thats right. Lets just pray the SEC takes two Big 12 teams and 2 ACC teams (one being FSU). Then we can replace FSU and be happy.

keep stirring!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I heard that right now its a match of chicken between the PAC12 and the SEC... the PAC12 will be screwed if the SEC chooses to add Oklahoma and A&M because the PAC12 is hoping to add OU, OSU, UT, and A&M to make a 16 team east/west split...

Basically according to ESPN radio if it appears that the SEC is going to add or offer a spot to A&M and Oklahoma then the PAC12 and Texas will need to kiss and make up quick. The only way Texas is going to be able to keep their own TV network is if they going Independent, which they could possibly do given their fan base which is comparable to size and loyalty to that of Notre Dame. The only way for the PAC12 to become the PAC16 is if they can secure enough of the big name western programs to make it worth while.

The rumor I have been hearing from ESPN radio is that if A&M and Oklahoma go to the SEC(14) then the PAC12 will add Hawaii and Texas Tech or OSU... if the SEC wants to go all the way to 16 teams then they would also add Mizzou and FSU/Georgia Tech/or Clemson... if the SEC does this then the PAC12 is stuck trying to drag UT in the PAC or picking up weaker schools like Fresno State, BYU, or who ever is left out between TT or OSU.

Either way I expect the next round of expansion to occur within the next 2 years. As to who goes where its anyone's guess...

maybe the BE will start the ball rolling with the acquisition of some teams.  *crosses fingers*

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  132

So, it looks like this might actually go down, Governer Rick Perry of Texas said A&M in discussions with SEC. I hope

Big East is read to take the Big12-2 left overs.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6851396/texas-governor-says-texas-considering-move-sec

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

I hope SEC doesn't go to 14 and take and ACC team with TAM. Then ACC poaches BE, probably UCONN or CUSE. C'mon Big 12, hold on one more year before you implode so BE gets the big TV deal. Then bring KU, KSU and Missou onboard!

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I hope SEC doesn't go to 14 and take and ACC team with TAM. Then ACC poaches BE, probably UCONN or CUSE. C'mon Big 12, hold on one more year before you implode so BE gets the big TV deal. Then bring KU, KSU and Missou onboard!

The problem seems to be though that the Big East needs to decide who to expand with BEFORE they get the big TV deal. I think the BE are waiting to see if the Big 12 implodes before Sept of 2012 to try and jump on KU and KSU.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I know the Big East is probably not the most proactive group, but it would be nice if they had an agreement in place that in the event the Big XII dissolves, Kansas, K-State, and Missouri join the Big East.

Archived