• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

From Aggies SBNation Blog

August 22nd Is D-Day

Iphone_017_tiny by miketag on Aug 11, 2011 7:05 PM CDT

The Texas A&M Board of Regents have a meeting set up for August 22nd. At this meeting the regents will vote on whether to join the SEC. Unless something substantial happens in the next eleven days, I expect the BOR to rubber stamp the move to the SEC in 2012. According to Billy Liucci, we will either see an announcement that we are joining the SEC before the meeting with the BOR approving it, or the announcement will come after the vote is held. If the announcement is made before the meeting it will be similar to when we hired Mike Sherman where his hiring was announced, contingent upon approval of the BOR. I would like to commend B,lly Liucci and his staff over at Texags, and Davis Sandhop of the Aggie Websider who have been miles ahead of every other mainstream media outlet on this SEC story. Yet another example of how aggressive members of the web media are leaving the traditional news mediums in their dust. 

http://www.iamthe12thman.com/

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Noles blogs are burning up the wires that they are gonna be the Eastern Div choice of the SEC to balance the Aggies. Don't know if gators could shoot that down, but I'm sure they would try.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I don't see the reason that UF would try that.

There will be a second team.... with the economy these days would you not love to have a traditional rival that is less than 2 hours away? I think UF would embrace it.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah, I can't see UF blocking that.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

UF wouldn't want another FL team in the SEC. It sounds stupid but they would try and turn it down. they want to be the only representative of the SEC in FL. The same way UGA would try and block GT and USC would try and block Clemson.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Link of confirmation or GTFO

So do I still have to GTFO?? Or maybe it's your turn. :tongue

Relax, wasnt meant to be taken literal. Just meant I want to see a link ha, sorry to offend you.

I'll say it then ... we have a thread on the main board about the rumor, and then we have a new thread making a definitive statement, with no link confirming.  And the source is the Rivals board!?!?!?!

I may end up being wrong about this, but come on ... if you're going to post a 2nd thread about this situation, going out on a limb more than the first ... GTFO.  

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Georgia Tech was a founding member of the SEC before they split and would be an easy sell as they could spin it that GT is returning back to their roots in the SEC.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Relax, wasnt meant to be taken literal. Just meant I want to see a link ha, sorry to offend you.

I'll say it then ... we have a thread on the main board about the rumor, and then we have a new thread making a definitive statement, with no link confirming.  And the source is the Rivals board!?!?!?!

I may end up being wrong about this, but come on ... if you're going to post a 2nd thread about this situation, going out on a limb more than the first ... GTFO.  

You are.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

UF blocks FSU why? Just cuz? They play each other anyway and both fill their rosters with 4 and 5 star kids. Maybe because FSU would be the best team they could possibly add and it makes UF's path to a conf. champ. harder?  Only reason I can think of. A giant pile of network loot can solve anything.

Clemson still fits the SEC profile better.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You are.

Wow, so profound.  Thank you for that.  Whether I am or not is TBD at a later date, apparently.  And wouldn't be the first time.

Archived