• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conference Realignment Discussion(SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac12, TA&M, FSU, Big East)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-08-11/source-report-of-texas-am-accepting-sec-invitation-just-not-true

A high-ranking SEC source told Sporting News on Thursday night that a report of Texas A&M accepting an invitation to the SEC is “just not true.â€

While the two parties continue to talk about a possible agreement, there are numerous hurdles to clear before Texas A&M becomes the 13th member of the SEC.

“Way premature,†the SEC source said. “Our conference presidents and athletic directors haven’t met about it, and that has to happen before anything goes forward. There’s a lot of work to do before we’re anything close to that.â€

(More at the link.)

It doesn't sound likely to me that Texas A&M can or will remain in the Big XII. Seems like there's too much bad blood related to the Longhorn Network deal. But I also don't believe the Aggies have a deal in place to go to the SEC yet. This report from Rivals has been out there for several hours now and not one other news source has confirmed it. All I can find are other sources citing the Rivals report.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If A&M does end up in SEC, it will make thing very interesting. I think Texas is already setting itself up as an independent with the Longhorn Network. What will happen to OU and Oklahoma State should also shake things up.

If they pick up the phone and call the PAC I'm sure an offer would come very quick, if not I'm sure the big 10 would happily pick them up.  OU will have no trouble finding a home and I'm sure the suitors will have no problem taking their little brother with them. 

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-08-11/source-report-of-texas-am-accepting-sec-invitation-just-not-true

A high-ranking SEC source told Sporting News on Thursday night that a report of Texas A&M accepting an invitation to the SEC is “just not true.â€

While the two parties continue to talk about a possible agreement, there are numerous hurdles to clear before Texas A&M becomes the 13th member of the SEC.

“Way premature,†the SEC source said. “Our conference presidents and athletic directors haven’t met about it, and that has to happen before anything goes forward. There’s a lot of work to do before we’re anything close to that.â€

(More at the link.)

It doesn't sound likely to me that Texas A&M can or will remain in the Big XII. Seems like there's too much bad blood related to the Longhorn Network deal. But I also don't believe the Aggies have a deal in place to go to the SEC yet. This report from Rivals has been out there for several hours now and not one other news source has confirmed it. All I can find are other sources citing the Rivals report.

Well obviously you didn't even read this thread, because as hard as you looked for another source, a second very credible source is cited on page 3. And it does NOT cite the Rivals report at all. But I am sure you've got the inside on this as always. :vikinghorns

• Content Count:  3,475

(More at the link.)

Well obviously you didn't even read this thread, because as hard as you looked for another source, a second very credible source is cited on page 3. And it does NOT cite the Rivals report at all. But I am sure you've got the inside on this as always. :vikinghorns

I'm not sure where your defensiveness is coming from, it's kind of strange, but the only thing I see on page three of this thread is something saying the TAMU people will be voting on this on August 22 ... which would seem to me to be confirmation that there is NOT yet a deal in place. How can there be a deal in place if the school hasn't agreed to it yet?

Regardless, the point still stands that about ten hours after Rivals posted their story, not one other news outlet is reporting the same. It's certainly possible Rivals has some sort of super duper inside scoop that nobody else in the country can get, I suppose, but it seems unlikely to me.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

(More at the link.)

I'm not sure where your defensiveness is coming from, it's kind of strange, but the only thing I see on page three of this thread is something saying the TAMU people will be voting on this on August 22 ... which would seem to me to be confirmation that there is NOT yet a deal in place. How can there be a deal in place if the school hasn't agreed to it yet?

Regardless, the point still stands that about ten hours after Rivals posted their story, not one other news outlet is reporting the same. It's certainly possible Rivals has some sort of super duper inside scoop that nobody else in the country can get, I suppose, but it seems unlikely to me.

I don't know if you do this with all posters here, but my response comes from the fact that you always come in and take the opposing point of view from what I and i suspect others say. If you have a source that refutes the information presented here, please offer it. Perhaps a denial from the SEC or TAMU? Please post it. Otherwise i suggest that multiple sources have reported this. I passed it on and i am sure you won't believe it until you see it on TV. Until that time, I don't read most of what you post, but my curiosity got me here, sorry I looked. I suggest that most of the reporting from other websites are using the fact that this isn't formally approved as a way to justify why they got scooped. I'll go back to leaving your posts blocked and try to resist reading them. If you have a source which can demonstrate that this reporting isn't true, please add it here for the edification of others.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Let's say for the sake of discussion TAMU goes to the SEC and the SEC pulls Clemson/VT/FSU/GaTech/whoever from the ACC to balance the conference. The ACC then calls (insert Big East school) to join the ACC. Marinatto then calls and says KU, KSU, and Mizzou are a done deal.

With the upcoming media deal, which let's assume will provide a significant bump to all Big East members, and a new conference lineup that just received an infusion of tradition and name recognition, is the jump of a Big East team to the ACC really a no brainer?

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Let's say for the sake of discussion TAMU goes to the SEC and the SEC pulls Clemson/VT/FSU/GaTech/whoever from the ACC to balance the conference. The ACC then calls (insert Big East school) to join the ACC. Marinatto then calls and says KU, KSU, and Mizzou are a done deal.

With the upcoming media deal, which let's assume will provide a significant bump to all Big East members, and a new conference lineup that just received an infusion of tradition and name recognition, is the jump of a Big East team to the ACC really a no brainer?

It's a no-brainer that ANY Big East school would go to the ACC. Money is too good, and for USF especially, would make ofr better conference games, making it easier to travel, etc. At the end of the day, the ACC is still viewed as superior to the Big East in football. Just the way it is.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

This is assuming the ACC just plucks one from the Big East. If the SEC goes to 14 or even 16 teams I don't see the ACC just filling the open spot(s) that SEC pulled from. If SEC goes 14/16 I see ACC going at least 14 to, most of which would prob come from Big East. So even with the Big East getting KSU/KU/MU the BE will still prob be the weaker conf with the smaller amount of teams. So I would say yes, the jump would be a no brainer in this scenario.

• Content Count:  10,565

Forget about Florida State, Miami or Georgia Tech. Current SEC schools in those states won’t allow it. Virginia Tech and Missouri would be secondary considerations.

Yet Kentucky and South Carolina would allow UL and Clemson? I don't buy it.

GT had been rumored about potential Big 10 expansion.

• Content Count:  5,881

(More at the link.)

I don't know if you do this with all posters here, but my response comes from the fact that you always come in and take the opposing point of view from what I and i suspect others say. If you have a source that refutes the information presented here, please offer it. Perhaps a denial from the SEC or TAMU? Please post it. Otherwise i suggest that multiple sources have reported this. I passed it on and i am sure you won't believe it until you see it on TV. Until that time, I don't read most of what you post, but my curiosity got me here, sorry I looked. I suggest that most of the reporting from other websites are using the fact that this isn't formally approved as a way to justify why they got scooped. I'll go back to leaving your posts blocked and try to resist reading them. If you have a source which can demonstrate that this reporting isn't true, please add it here for the edification of others.

You hit the nail on the head.

Archived