• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF fans have the patience with Skip . . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

We have to have the patience, not a choice on this one.  And new coaches get a pass the first year, automatically.

Yesterday's game was horrible, and it was bad due to an offensive, offense.  Coaching didn't adjust though.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

You have no choice he isn't going anywhere for atleast three years.

He will get this program turned around but it might be ugly this year.

Now BJ I am running thin on patience with him I almost would just start Gunsby from here on out but

if Holtz thinks he can be his QB then I guess we need more patience with him no matter how much he looks like

crap.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We will have patience for CSH.

Its the QB that the fans have no patience with anymore. It's not his first year.

Ding ding ding..........

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I will have a lot of patience with Skip and his staff. The guy is a winner and i'm willing to give him all the time and support he needs to get us a BE title. But coaching aint the problem it's the QB.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

My prediction (and I predicted the same BEFORE the season).

BJ will not finish the season as the starter.  Either Gunsby will get his first start next week at WVU, or if we lose to WVU, Gunsby will take his redhshirt off and see some action throughout the rest of the season.  Daniels is not Skip's QB and if this season turns into a wash, he may as well get Gunsby some experience. 

The best way to utilize Daniels is not as a pocket passer, but as a "change of pace" sort of QB who can come in for the option, wishbone, wildcat, whatever.  Lots of college teams utilize two QBs with two different skill sets.  Daniels doesn't have to do it all. 

I have a lot of patience for Skip Holtz because I know he has a plan.  No one expected us to be any good this year, so I don't understand all the disappointment.  Give Holtz time to run his system, with his recruits, and then we will be able to evaluate this coach. 

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I said at the coaching change, there is no emotional attachment here to the new staff, which people were critized here for being "too invested in the old regime." If they win, great, they lose, we'll change again.

It's BCS football, win or gtfo. I'm shocked by the change in the level of expectations.  We spent all off season hearing about what a wonderful coach Skip is, and was going to take this talent and compete for the Big East this year. It is now okay to lose to Syracuse at home? ********. This university wasn't built on this. Not when we we're the first full university to be built from scratch in the 20th century, not when our program joined a BCS conference in it's 8th year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

If attendance is an indicator, no, the fans won't have patience and from what Skip has been saying in his interviews, as far as he is concerned, it doesn't matter if they don't.

He has a system. He expects his players to play within that system.

He does not believe in "gamers". If you don't perform in practice, you don't play.

I know he was talking about over-hype, but there was a quote from last Wednesday's radio show that I think he applies to everything. "The media is like poison. It can't hurt you, if you don't swallow it."

I need to add that, contrary to how patient I think my fellow Bulls fans will be, I have a ton of patience and am still excited about the future. See you guys next Thursday in Morgantown.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

I said at the coaching change, there is no emotional attachment here to the new staff, which people were critized here for being "too invested in the old regime." If they win, great, they lose, we'll change again.

It's BCS football, win or gtfo. I'm shocked by the change in the level of expectations.  We spent all off season hearing about what a wonderful coach Skip is, and was going to take this talent and compete for the Big East this year. It is now okay to lose to Syracuse at home? ********. This university wasn't built on this. Not when we we're the first full university to be built from scratch in the 20th century, not when our program joined a BCS conference in it's 8th year.

Excuse me, but you have nothing to base your high standards off of.  Anyone who had to sit through the old regime would know that it was far from perfect, and never living up to full potential.  You have no right to put Holtz under the gun this early.  3 or 4 years down the line, sure, i might give it to you there.  But NOW?  no.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think he'll be fine, but people need to understand, no buyout is happening so don't start it

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

I don't know that patience is much of an issue.  What are you gonna do?  The issue is whether or not an already spoiled fan base can stay connected to a team that has to hit bottom to show signs of improvement.  I'm not sure USF has the staying power that Alabama has.  If it takes 3-4 years as some suggest to build back to relevancy that could be a real issue for the program and it's relative fledgling support and national attention (which has all but faded).  We could be UCF or hopefully we get back to where we were and then reset expectations.

Archived