• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF fans have the patience with Skip . . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I said at the coaching change, there is no emotional attachment here to the new staff, which people were critized here for being "too invested in the old regime." If they win, great, they lose, we'll change again.

It's BCS football, win or gtfo. I'm shocked by the change in the level of expectations.  We spent all off season hearing about what a wonderful coach Skip is, and was going to take this talent and compete for the Big East this year. It is now okay to lose to Syracuse at home? ********. This university wasn't built on this. Not when we we're the first full university to be built from scratch in the 20th century, not when our program joined a BCS conference in it's 8th year.

Excuse me, but you have nothing to base your high standards off of.  Anyone who had to sit through the old regime would know that it was far from perfect, and never living up to full potential.  You have no right to put Holtz under the gun this early.  3 or 4 years down the line, sure, i might give it to you there.  But NOW?  no.

An entire off-season of talk, and how about the quotes from Syracuse's coach last week that we were better? Yeah, maybe if you are Syracuse. It is cold hard facts. He either wins or gets the f out. He's probably got 3 years. As of RIGHT now, he's done absolutely nothing as the head coach of USF. Maybe he will be great.  But all off season the conversation on here was ZOMG SKIP HOLTZ WENT TO VERO, BRILLIANT, etc.

That said, I still stayed until the Alma Mater played after the game yesterday, and I will forever, but the fanbase won't hold up if he keeps losing to teams like Syracuse.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  34

Everyone calm down.  Holtz is looking out for all of us Bull fans.  He knows the economy is down so he made sure we would not spend our money on BCS Bowl tickets.  In the next few weeks he will save us further money.  The previous coach never looked out for us this way.  Thank-you Skip and best of luck trying to get your job at ND. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow, what an incredibly inane post.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Have I missed the fire Holtz posts or articles? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Both the fireskipholtz.com and skipholtzmustgo.com domains are gone.  But that could have been years ago.

:)

I think Skip will adjust.  While I am sure everyone on Fowler wants separation from the past and a Holtz new era, I think there are ways to do that and still be competitive.  Maybe stop worrying about helmets and start playing.  Have a transition plan.  Not just a separation plan. 

• Content Count:  406

As fans the only thing as we can do is support this team and this university - That is how programs emerge.  If we all jump ship so soon we do a lot more damage and only send a message to future students, alumni, and RECRUITS that we don't care. 

The way we help is to show up - win or lose - just show up.  Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, softball, volleyball, tennis, track, whatever show up.  Build this one fan at a time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

I think the hard core fans here are in no danger of jumping ship, but as we saw in 2004, you can't lose games you're expected to win and keep people coming to the games and grow the fan base.

• Content Count:  5

I usually don't post but I had to get in on this one.  We'd better be very cautious in criticizing CSH. He needs HIS players to fit HIS system. Meyer made due with leak but tebow was the true fit for his system.  We need to take our medicine, bare with it for a couple of years and then make our run.  RELAX FOLKS...ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!

• Content Count:  901

didnt gators win national championship with leak? not sure I get the point

• Content Count:  17

Everyone calm down.  Holtz is looking out for all of us Bull fans.  He knows the economy is down so he made sure we would not spend our money on BCS Bowl tickets.  In the next few weeks he will save us further money.  The previous coach never looked out for us this way.  Thank-you Skip and best of luck trying to get your job at ND. 

:ROFLMAO

Printing this quote now and posting it on my wall.

Archived