• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF fans have the patience with Skip . . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

glad to see that majority of Bulls fans understand that this is a process and it may get worse before it gets better.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Re: Will USF fans have the patience with Skip . . .

i will. hope everyone's with me... because by the time holtz leaves, when we have gone further than ever as a football program, this Syracuse loss will be forgotten

I have been a vocal critic of our performance this year thus far.  However, I do not believe nor have I thought that Skip Holtz should be fired.  He hasn't even had a full recruiting class to himself.  I hope you are correct, and I do believe Skip will move this program even further along (i.e. with a conference championship and hopefully some longevity in the top 25 rankings). 

I don't know if this loss can be forgotten for this season, but I certainly know a win in Morgantown with a great performance by BJ Daniels will put it behind us. 

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Okay, lets stop all of this PC crap.  I donate a good amount of money to athletics, and am a season ticket holder.  I totally agree with everyone that we will give Skip some time to do what he needs to do.

BUT that does not preclude us from being allowed to ***** about poor performance.  That game on Saturday was awful.  Not much positive from it, and no, I don't think it would have happened with last year's coaches. 

I am not at all satisfied with our performance this year, and believe it is probabaly the worst in 5 - 6 seasons.  I know there is time to turn it around, but the loss we just suffered does not lead me to believe we will - at least not this year.

I understand that in 2 - 3 years it will get better.  But lets not forget that fans are paying money for each of those years.  In that many years, we will lose some of these fans.  Look at the lame attendance numbers already. 

I trust in Skip.  I think he will get it going.  But I will be miserable with every poor loss we have.  I expect a loss against a WVU, or Cinci, or Pitt, or even Rutgers.  But Syracuse???? 

Okay, done with my rant.  Had to get that off my chest.  I feel much better now. 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Judging by all the threads after the game I would doubt they would have patience, which doesn't come as much of a surprise.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Quite honestly, I don't get all of this "its ok if we suck this year" attitude. There is enough talent on this team to at least have a comparable record to last year.  It is never ok to take a let's wait till next year attitude. Win now and keep building this program. I'm not ok with waiting until we bring in Skip's guys. I'm not ok with not going to a bowl game. I'm not ok to watching a game with 20,000 people in the seats. We will be considered a joke by the nation and by recruits.

For those of you waiting till the coming years.

I'm patient enough to not be calling for Holtz's job for *t least 5 years and let him do his thing. Anything less would be stupid, but all this ******** of its ok we will wait till next time is just that. ********. What ya gonna do if Giddins decides to transfer, Trex transfers because they don't want to spend their next 2 or 3 years at the bottom of the BE and not going to bowl games.

Win now because you don't know what next year is gonna bring.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Okay, lets stop all of this PC crap.   I donate a good amount of money to athletics, and am a season ticket holder.  I totally agree with everyone that we will give Skip some time to do what he needs to do.

BUT that does not preclude us from being allowed to ***** about poor performance.  That game on Saturday was awful.  Not much positive from it, and no, I don't think it would have happened with last year's coaches. 

I am not at all satisfied with our performance this year, and believe it is probabaly the worst in 5 - 6 seasons.   I know there is time to turn it around, but the loss we just suffered does not lead me to believe we will - at least not this year.

I understand that in 2 - 3 years it will get better.  But lets not forget that fans are paying money for each of those years.  In that many years, we will lose some of these fans.  Look at the lame attendance numbers already. 

I trust in Skip.  I think he will get it going.  But I will be miserable with every poor loss we have.  I expect a loss against a WVU, or Cinci, or Pitt, or even Rutgers.  But Syracuse???? 

Okay, done with my rant.   Had to get that off my chest.  I feel much better now. 

I have read it before since the game, and I have thought it myself, but, until I just read it from you, I hadn't thought about the fact that in the Pitt game last year, Leavitt did pull BJ.

It was a different situation as the game was already over at that point (and no, I don't think BJ should have gotten pulled in that one, I also did not have any faith that he was going to lead us down the field for a go-ahead score), but, I wonder if the WVU game gets one-sided, will Holtz pull BJ and let someone else get some work?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I wonder if the WVU game gets one-sided, will Holtz pull BJ and let someone else get some work?

It's a very real possibility.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Quite honestly, I don't get all of this "its ok if we suck this year" attitude. There is enough talent on this team to at least have a comparable record to last year.   It is never ok to take a let's wait till next year attitude. Win now and keep building this program. I'm not ok with waiting until we bring in Skip's guys. I'm not ok with not going to a bowl game. I'm not ok to watching a game with 20,000 people in the seats. We will be considered a joke by the nation and by recruits.

For those of you waiting till the coming years.

I'm patient enough to not be calling for Holtz's job for *t least 5 years and let him do his thing. Anything less would be stupid, but all this ******** of its ok we will wait till next time is just that. ********. What ya gonna do if Giddins decides to transfer, Trex transfers because they don't want to spend their next 2 or 3 years at the bottom of the BE and not going to bowl games.

Win now because you don't know what next year is gonna bring.

Amen

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

There better be patience out there.  No doubt we got the best guy on the market on very short notice.  Holtz has a plan which you can already see.  The team looks different already, and I don't mean worse...  I was definitely in the Keep Leavitt camp but the school didn't ask for my input.

I like what I see with Holtz.  It's embarrassing to see so many posts questioning the new system after 5 games. - YES I was extremely pissed to lose to Syracuse, but we are in danger of looking like big baby Florida fans complaining if we don't win all the time.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I like what we have seen with the defense, for the most part so far, but other than the punter, what is there to like so far? 

Horrible special teams play, all time low in passing for a game. We can't convert 3rd downs. Season ticket sales are down, you had roughly 20,000 people in the stands on Saturday.

Sorry, for a program that has always moved forward in one respect or another in every year of its existence, even in the losing year of 2004, I don't see a lot to like yet. A lot of talk and hype, but nothing concrete to point to yet.

I don't believe in moral victories or the "good old college try" ******** at this level.

Holtz was the best personality to repair the damage that the Leavitt situation did to the program, but until any coach starts winning at this level I remain cautiously hopeful.

Archived