• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF fans have the patience with Skip . . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You're right, I'm wrong. The Big East is an elite conference and if we win it a couple times we're garanteed top-10 recruiting classes like Cincy is going to pull in this year.

And, if we schedule crappy ooc teams (since we're not building to beat good ones) and go 12-0, we'll get to play for the national championship just like cincy last year.

I thought I was being generous by calling the big east mediocre, but now I see the light. The big east is the ****, don't know how I missed that before.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Rick, and others who share this view...

It's very small time thinking (UCF like) to say that all you care about is winning our mid level conference. If coach Holtz has this thinking, he needs to go. I want a program that can beat ANYONE that we step on the field against.

By your thinking, we go 8-4 or 9-3 every year and lose our BCS bowl every year until it's very obvious that the Big East isn't BCS worthy and we lose our automatic bid.

The team should be built to compete with the most elite teams in the land, in this state, it starts and stops with the "big 3". Beat them, and the recruiting will improve.

our MID LEVEL CONFERENCE?  we're in a BCS CONFERENCE!! HELLO!!  we win the big east, we go to a BCS game, and that is the best publicity you could give your program.  who gives a **** about the UF/FSU/UM's of the world.  you do realize that we can win national titles without having to play the "Big 3" right?  we take care of our CONFERENCE, we go to a BCS game, and thats more than what the gators can do (this year).

Actually, the Gators can still win the conference and go to a BCS game .... all they've probably been knocked out of is a MNC game.

you people are so preoccupied with catching up with big brother that you are completely missing the point of being in a BCS conference.  take care of the Rutgers, Pitt's, and Cincy's of the world, get to a BCS game, THEN recruiting will improve.

To football savvy state of Florida recruits ... BE Championship < Win over one of Big 3, or any other nationally recognized programs.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

To football savvy state of Florida recruits ... BE Championship < Win over one of Big 3, or any other nationally recognized programs.

+1

I think we finally agree on something...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

+1

Bah .... We probably agree on a lot of things. You just don't realize it.  ;)

Guest nybullsfan

+1

Bah .... We probably agree on a lot of things. You just don't realize it.   ;)

e.g. you both like beer?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

So, what helps us more, a win against FSU/Auburn, or, winning the Big East when no one has any respect for the conference anyway? Eventually, the recruits we get from the BIG wins would win a conference and go on to bigger and better things.

If USF wins the Big East...USF will get to play in a BCS Bowl Game....and a lot more viewers nationwide (and future recruits) watch BCS Bowl Games vs those that would watch USF/Auburn or USF/FSU play...so yes, USF would benefit MORE if they won the Big East and got to play on a National Stage in a BCS Bowl Game (and who knows? Maybe even win it too).

So, what helps us more, a win against FSU/Auburn, or, winning the Big East when no one has any respect for the conference anyway? Eventually, the recruits we get from the BIG wins would win a conference and go on to bigger and better things.

If USF wins the Big East...USF will get to play in a BCS Bowl Game....and a lot more viewers nationwide (and future recruits) watch BCS Bowl Games vs those that would watch USF/Auburn or USF/FSU play...so yes, USF would benefit MORE if they won the Big East and got to play on a National Stage in a BCS Bowl Game (and who knows? Maybe even win it too).

Are recruits impressed with watching people lose on national television? Rick has us building a program with no regard for being able to compete with SEC and ACC teams, so losing BCS games doesn't seem too appealing to me.

... I should point out that I'm not against winning the Big East. I just think that our program should strive for higher goals, and our staff should be building a team that can beat anyone, not getting so specialized as to say, 'this system will help us beat UConn'. In the grand scheme of things, the "big" wins are far more important than any single conference win (or loss for that matter).

• Content Count:  521

... I should point out that I'm not against winning the Big East. I just think that our program should strive for higher goals, and our staff should be building a team that can beat anyone, not getting so specialized as to say, 'this system will help us beat UConn'. In the grand scheme of things, the "big" wins are far more important than any single conference win (or loss for that matter).

You have to do one before the other comes.  That is what you fail to recognize.   Why do you assume that if you win the Big East, get to a BCS game, that we are automatically going to lose the BCS game, just because we are "designed to beat our conference foes"?  Just because Cincy got blown out the past 2 years?  Look at WVU, they took care of business in their BCS game.  Louisville won their BCS game vs. WFU.

You're so obsessed with playing these SEC programs, what is the point of beating Auburn if you're going to get blown out of the water against Pitt, Cincy, and Rutgers at home?  I hope those moral victories help you sleep better at night knowing you've got front row tickets to the St. Pete Bowl.

So let me reiterate- I'd rather make it to a BCS game winning the Big East, get the national state, and the BCS money to BUILD the program.  you want to design your team to beat schools out of conference?  fine by me, but don't be mad if we go 3-4 in conference and end up in the Papajohns.com bowl.

• Content Count:  521

Are recruits impressed with watching people lose on national television? Rick has us building a program with no regard for being able to compete with SEC and ACC teams, so losing BCS games doesn't seem too appealing to me.

Who says you have to lose BCS Bowl Games?

Heck...UL and WVU have won BCS Bowl Games in the recent past...so why can't USF?

One way you will never win a BCS Bowl Game is to not play in one (i.e. never win a Big East Championship), as the Big East hasn't really come close in getting two teams into BCS Bowls during the same y ear.

I know people jump on your because you're a UCF fan, but +1 for this post.  at least someone sees the POINT of accepting an invitation into a BCS conference.

Archived