• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF fans have the patience with Skip . . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

that ECU fans had?

His first 2 seasons there, ECU stunk.  They think he's a god now.

Can we handle a 4-8 season (3-9?) on the way to something better?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

By the looks of some of the posts on this board, I would have to say no they will not.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

What "patience" do they need - are they going to pony up to buy out his contract? Things will play out over time, it's way too early to think about getting him canned.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Depends what you mean by patience. I think most fans with any understanding of football know it will take a few years to bring in the players for his system. So there shouldn't be a call for his firing. However, this is quite a different situation from ECU. He took over a bad program from ECU. Here has taken over a team that has gone to 5 straight bowl games and winning records with signature wins just about every year.

The lack of patience will be demonstrated in a more passive way. If we start losing fan base, which we have struggled to build.

I would say if we aren't competing for the BE championship by year 3 it will become very ugly though.

Last year we were talking about trying to be considered in the Big 4. Skip should be very thankful we don't have UCF scheduled this year. A loss to them would lead to riots after yesterday.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I wonder what Alabama fans thought of nick Saban when he lost at home to Louisiana Monroe his first season.

Better yet, I wonder if the loss made Saban want to stray from his plans and start calling plays that the team used to run well under the old coach who had them playing like a mediocre SEC unit.

Everyone, even an unmitigated disaster like Kragthorpe got three years. . . . . . this type of talk after five games is ludicrous in my opinion.

• Content Count:  521

What i don't understand is why people are roasting Skip Holtz already, in his first season, playing with someone else's athletes, but they made the grenade that was CJL to be some sort of god (e.g.- "the father of USF football") and repeatedly watched him tank our program when conference play started year after year.  I had some co-workers tell me through those times that our talent wasn't up to par and it wasn't the coaches faults lol.

let's not get hypocritical here, Skip should AT LEAST survive through 4-5 years of seeing HIS OWN RECRUITS (especially QB, where it matters the most) on the field.

• Content Count:  4,738

Thank you for the perspective carolina bull

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Coaching isn't the problem.

+1

Its BJ Daniels... I don't blame HCSH... I will blame him however if he keeps starting BJ knowing that he does not fit his system. HCSH drafted Evled and Gunsby to fit his system, thus since BJ has washed out of the new system he needs to be benched until he can adapt.

I don't think anyone is blaming HCSH... from what I have read on the BP everyone is finally waking up to the fact that BJ is only getting worse and needs to ride the pine.

We won't know how Evled or Gunsby are until they get into a real game.

• Content Count:  4,738

When is the cfb qb draft next year?

Archived