• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you all think Abdur-Rahim could leave next year?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, monktified said:

This Season is ELITE!!!!!!

Gotta love CAAR's ELITE and CAG's PROCESS.

Edited by 79 Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

Are we trying to speak this into existence? Have coaches left a school after only 1 year? Yes. But why are we worrying about that? Some of us are stuck on this train of negativity regarding USF athletics. I mean geez, another thread says let's enjoy the moment while it lasts, so let's do so. Today will be the first time in USF MBB history that we have ever been ranked. So let's enjoy our success w/o dwelling on negative possibilities. Some of ya'll need to go to church to work on your faith or read some Eckhart Tolle so you can learn how to navigate life on Earth more positively. Don't get me wrong, I worry, and I have fears....we all do. But stop trying to make your fears a reality.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

We have some top notch head coaches right now. Many of them will have opportunities to leave. 

We are also going to be upgrading our conference affiliation relatively soon. 

If we can do the later sooner, we can tell our coaches, you don't have to leave to go to a P4, we are making your job a P4 job. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

I can’t speak for his personal thoughts, but he seems extremely passionate about USF. I met him at Starbucks a few weeks ago and he was making a great effort to ask every student about themselves and invite them out to the game.

The other day, I met him in MSC and he remembered me. He also stopped a high school tour and gave them a little speech about why they should commit to USF.

I don’t know much about the financials, but he seems extremely determined to build up the culture and school pride at USF. He doesn’t have to be on campus every day talking to students, but he does it & his approach to culture seems to be paying off (won the AAC, sold out YC, etc.)

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I mean geez, another thread says let's enjoy the moment while it lasts

I started that post as the reality of actually making it to the NCAA tournament was starting to become real.  Regardless of how this season plays out, it has still been a huge success and we should enjoy these moments. It would be disappointing to say the least if we do not get into the NCAA.  However, it doesn't define this season.

We have the chance to be the number 1 seed in the conference tournament along with a regular season title.

We have sold out  back to back games. With a potential third sell-out on the horizon against Tulane.  Tulane!

We return almost everyone next year.

I have been following the program since the late 80's and this season has been nothing short of special.  Seeing the YC with all that green makes you really see everything that is possible. 

This was not a thread created about enjoy it while it is here, because it isn't going to last.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring, so let's just appreciate the now.

Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, rollinbull said:

I think Abdur-Rahim is a one and done as our basketball coach....huge money is gonna come calling and i don't think we could come close to matching . 

Having an NIL discussion in another thread. USF cannot compete with a lot of big money schools. Players or coaches. If a school wants them they will simply buy them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,023
  • Days Won:  10

Make Coach Rahim and Golesh the highest paid coaches in USF history and the AAC.

Having top quality coaches is as important as having an OCS, so USF shouldn't be shy to fork up a lot of money to keep them here for as long as possible.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

13 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Ask the Kennesaw State folks 🤷‍♂️

He was at Kennesaw State for four years.  There are realities of budgets and facilities.  It is a small facility at Kennesaw State.  Yeungling has 3x the capacity of that arena, much better training facilities, much better athletics offices.  Granted, both are in large metro areas, but USF is the big school in the area whereas in the Atlanta area, there are so many schools to compete with.

Not saying he will stay forever, but if he gets a pay bump, I think he stays for a bit.  Unlike with football, you can make it in a conference like the American.  Eventually I suspect he will move on if a big name comes calling and he has consistent success here.  But could see him staying for 3-4 years at least.  Enough to show USF has potential in basketball.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

If FAU can keep a final four Dusty May then there is no reason we can’t keep...

Correct.  The scarring to our fans is deep.  

There is no doubt Coach has been great for South Florida but for a more prominent school to look at this season and try to admire the best win over FAU, a team that has been in a downturn since their peak last year doesn’t get it done.

• Upvote 1