• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you all think Abdur-Rahim could leave next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  1

CBS College basketball analyst were saying he will have to opportunity if he wants to. 
I don’t think he would leave because we are going to have everyone back minus Placer. If he did leave he would be leaving some players out to dry, because I think the second time you transfer you have to sit out a year and that would mean Youngblood, stroud, Jennings would probably be force to stay at USF their final year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

21 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

CBS College basketball analyst were saying he will have to opportunity if he wants to. 
I don’t think he would leave because we are going to have everyone back minus Placer. If he did leave he would be leaving some players out to dry, because I think the second time you transfer you have to sit out a year and that would mean Youngblood, stroud, Jennings would probably be force to stay at USF their final year.

I sure hope not

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

In the basketball world, just pay the man and it’s more likely he would stay than in football. There are plenty of examples of coaches staying at G5 schools for quite a while before jumping to a P5; I think it has to do with the fact that every school has a chance to make it to the dance and it’s easier in a mid-major conference to make it and stay consistent. In CFB, you have to be at a P5 for a chance. Outside of Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky, what CBB school is considered THE school. If USF gives CAAR the salary, coaching pool, resources and support, there isn’t a big reason to leave. From a basketball standpoint, USF has nearly everything that mid to lower level P5 schools have in terms of resources and facilities. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

No matter what happens at least CAAR has shown the Nation that it is possible to win at USF for men’s hoops. USF just will have to figure out who can carry the momentum if CAAR or CAG leave. Treat it like a business and stick with what is working for USF. That is the key to the longevity success of USF athletics imo.

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

35 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

He’ll probably need a raise - and just for once, I’d like to see a guy not chase the next shiny thing. You can accomplish big goals at USF, make a bunch of money, be beloved, and live in a great area.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

If he is the honorable man he says he is, he will stay at least 1 more year for the 3 guys who follwed him to Tampa

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  766
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

Jennings sat out; so he has 2 years left. 

USF is going to pay him. Plus Tampa sells itself. The only reason why I would see him leaving is if has some stupid fantasy to coach at some program (a la the stupid move that Taggart had by leaving a good thing at Oregon to go to FSU). He does not seem to be that type of person. If I am a coach, I would want to show that I could build an elite program, rather than leaving to fulfill a dream at coach at an already established program. That is the challenge.

And what a city to do it in. If he were at UAB doing this, he would have a better chance leaving there than in Tampa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

Ask the Kennesaw State folks 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

Ask the Kennesaw State folks 🤷‍♂️

The thing regarding Kennesaw St is that it took CAAR a few seasons before getting that program rolling last season. He only won 1 freaking game during his 1st season coaching there before he turned it around 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  360

10 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Jennings sat out; so he has 2 years left. 

USF is going to pay him. Plus Tampa sells itself. The only reason why I would see him leaving is if has some stupid fantasy to coach at some program (a la the stupid move that Taggart had by leaving a good thing at Oregon to go to FSU). He does not seem to be that type of person. If I am a coach, I would want to show that I could build an elite program, rather than leaving to fulfill a dream at coach at an already established program. That is the challenge.

And what a city to do it in. If he were at UAB doing this, he would have a better chance leaving there than in Tampa.

I agree with you. I really respect Dusty May for staying at FAU because he could of been at a P5 school this year. He said he was happy there, so he stayed.FAU has a lot less going for it facility wise so I believe everything he said.