• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you all think Abdur-Rahim could leave next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Cmr3 said:

CBS College basketball analyst were saying he will have to opportunity if he wants to. 
I don’t think he would leave because we are going to have everyone back minus Placer. If he did leave he would be leaving some players out to dry, because I think the second time you transfer you have to sit out a year and that would mean Youngblood, stroud, Jennings would probably be force to stay at USF their final year.

CBS analyst don’t know ****. He’s a Bull for his contract permits.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

I think Abdur-Rahim is a one and done as our basketball coach....huge money is gonna come calling and i don't think we could come close to matching . 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

49 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Ask the Kennesaw State folks 🤷‍♂️

Exactly

1 hour ago, Cmr3 said:

CBS College basketball analyst were saying he will have to opportunity if he wants to. 
I don’t think he would leave because we are going to have everyone back minus Placer. If he did leave he would be leaving some players out to dry, because I think the second time you transfer you have to sit out a year and that would mean Youngblood, stroud, Jennings would probably be force to stay at USF their final year.

Not sure if that holds if your coach leaves???

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Exactly

I think he stays another year, no reason but a hunch.  If he leaves then he leaves, people come and people go.  Let’s enjoy the season and worry about that **** when this wonderful ride (season) comes to an end.

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think he stays another year, no reason but a hunch.  If he leaves then he leaves, people come and people go.  Let’s enjoy the season and worry about that **** when this wonderful ride (season) comes to an end.

I would guess he'd stay another year as well but wouldn't be shocked if he bailed.  No guarantee that he duplicates his success here next year which would lower is stock on the open market. This is assuming he's chasing the big paycheck and can't think of many guys that don't. They preach loyalty and "team", etc to the players but very few have any loyalty to their current school.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I would guess he'd stay another year as well but wouldn't be shocked if he bailed.  No guarantee that he duplicates his success here next year which would lower is stock on the open market. This is assuming he's chasing the big paycheck and can't think of many guys that don't. They preach loyalty and "team", etc to the players but very few have any loyalty to their current school. 

You don't think USF would match any offer, considering we have sucked for so many years? You mean to say that there are not enough boosters in Tampa that would put the money together?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,991
  • Days Won:  469

I don’t know.  I was thinking about this earlier today. When we offered him from Kennesaw State, did he have any major school looking at him then?  

He comes to USF and plays a weak schedule and has what looks like a turnaround season.   But I’m not sure of that resonating -  that he shows anything that he didn’t already show at Kennesaw State where he rebuilt a program and took them to tourney. 

I also remember his welcome press conference. And as mentioned before, he just doesn’t seem like the guy that’s in it for himself only.  

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, panchosanchez99 said:

You don't think USF would match any offer, considering we have sucked for so many years? You mean to say that there are not enough boosters in Tampa that would put the money together?

Besides, why would he leave if Karter Knox is coming? I imagine with the success and wanting to play close to his family, Karter is going to come here.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Besides, why would he leave if Karter Knox is coming? I imagine with the success and wanting to play close to his family, Karter is going to come here.

Has he indicated he "wants to play close to his family"?   He moved to Georgia to play at 16.   Maybe he follows CAAR to Kentucky 😜

Edited by olafberserker