• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you all think Abdur-Rahim could leave next year?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Are we trying to speak this into existence? Have coaches left a school after only 1 year? Yes. But why are we worrying about that? Some of us are stuck on this train of negativity regarding USF athletics. I mean geez, another thread says let's enjoy the moment while it lasts, so let's do so. Today will be the first time in USF MBB history that we have ever been ranked. So let's enjoy our success w/o dwelling on negative possibilities. Some of ya'll need to go to church to work on your faith or read some Eckhart Tolle so you can learn how to navigate life on Earth more positively. Don't get me wrong, I worry, and I have fears....we all do. But stop trying to make your fears a reality.

Bump for a reality check .....

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

If FAU can keep a final four Dusty May then there is no reason we can’t keep a regular season conference champion CAAR.

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Correct.  The scarring to our fans is deep.

Scarred from what? Willie ..... ? We really haven't had the opportunities other than him to have any successful coaches from the big 2 sports poached. Not sure one coach could scar a fan base .... although some of you did take it pretty hard.

Maybe a better term would have been overall paranoia of our fans.

Edited by Triple B

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Scarred from what? Willie ..... ?

Scarred in general...by bad news, let's say...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

Scarred from what? Willie ..... ? We really haven't had the opportunities other than him to have any successful coaches from the big 2 sports poached. Not sure one coach could scar a fan base .... although some of you did take it pretty hard.

Maybe a better term would have been overall paranoia of our fans.

I think scarred from our lack of success, bad coaching hires, recruiting, and player development.  Many probably feel we are cursed and if anything good happens, bad will follow......I guess like you say, there is a lot of paranoia. So we are scarred and paranoid....."scarranoid" :) 

Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

I guess the real answer was "Indian Burial Grounds" isn't that what you point to as the reason for bad luck/choices/outcomes?

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

"scarranoid"

Calling Websters...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Besides Seth and Willie, who else left us behind for better opportunities, leaving us in a worse situation? We've fired everyone else.

An analogy for this is relationships. We've been dating all of these coaches we've had. We mostly break up with them because we always thought we deserved better. Now that we're in a solid relationship and things are going well, we're not confident enough in ourselves and what we can bring to the table to know we deserve the girl. We lack such confidence to believe that anyone would want to stay with us for the long haul and wake up everyday worrying she is going to leave us for the next rich guy with a nice car. We deserve to have the 10, we need to start acting like it and stop being so afraid of being alone. For some reason, we have this undeserved PTSD of being abandon, when in reality, it's not really happened with the exception of Willie, really...

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, USFBulls12 said:

Besides Seth and Willie, who else left us behind for better opportunities, leaving us in a worse situation? We've fired everyone else.

An analogy for this is relationships. We've been dating all of these coaches we've had. We mostly break up with them because we always thought we deserved better. Now that we're in a solid relationship and things are going well, we're not confident enough in ourselves and what we can bring to the table to know we deserve the girl. We lack such confidence to believe that anyone who would to stay with us for the long haul and wake up everyday worrying she is going to leave us for the next rich guy with the nice car. We deserve to have the 10, we need to start acting like it and stop being so afraid of being alone. For some reason, we have this undeserved PTSD of being abandon, when in reality, it's not really happened with the exception of Willie, really...

Wow! Are you a relationship expert in real life? Great analogy!!! lol 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,365
  • Days Won:  10

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Wow! Are you a relationship expert in real life? Great analogy!!! lol 

Hold Please Saturday Night Live GIF by For(bes) The Culture

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  304
  • Days Won:  0

Appreciate the thought experiment, but I’m too happy enjoying the moment. I’ve seen enough dark days of USF men’s basketball and football to let questions like this take away the shine. 

As the great Stoic Marcus Aurelius once said, live, laugh, love.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I guess the real answer was "Indian Burial Grounds" isn't that what you point to as the reason for bad luck/choices/outcomes?

Finally some logic being presented .....