• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chances of making march madness?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,389
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The usf team with Heath was in the Big East. Apples to Oranges

Which makes it crazy that USF has struggled in the AAC up until this season  lol 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

Will we be ranked on Monday?  Which sport are we talking about?

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We shall see!  Hopefully we are getting there 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Is we winning the AAC title a longshot?

Anything is possible. We've already swiped a win against one of the lead contenders. Win against FAU and I'll feel more confident in it, but until that time, I'm still waiting with bated breath.

Also want to add, winning any conference tourney is a longshot for a lot of teams because of the very nature of one-and-done tournaments. On any given night the shots could not fall and you're done. It's not easy, that's why you don't typically see a single team utterly dominate the conference tournament every year. Gonzaga is a rarity and even they've had plenty of years having to deal with St. Mary's and others. History is littered with teams who dominated their conference in the regular season just to get upset in their conference tournament and be left out of the Big Dance.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

I don't see any teams left on our schedule which is unbeatable. Even winning the AAC looks doable in my eyes. I feel our early losses were just due to this being a new team that pretty much started from scratch. I feel we have found our rhythm. But I don't feel it's going to be a catwalk either. 

• Go Bulls! 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I don't see any teams left on our schedule which is unbeatable. Even winning the AAC looks doable in my eyes. I feel our early losses were just due to this being a new team that pretty much started from scratch. I feel we have found our rhythm. But I don't feel it's going to be a catwalk either. 

This is the confidence that we love to see. And thankfully we are seeing that confidence grow for both the men’s hoops & football programs at USF. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

22 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

This is the confidence that we love to see. And thankfully we are seeing that confidence grow for both the men’s hoops & football programs at USF. 

What a difference a year makes. These upcoming few years might be some of the most exciting since our Big East days.  Our potential resurgence couldn't come at a better time considering realignment.

Kudos to Kelly!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Anything is possible. We've already swiped a win against one of the lead contenders. Win against FAU and I'll feel more confident in it, but until that time, I'm still waiting with bated breath.

Also want to add, winning any conference tourney is a longshot for a lot of teams because of the very nature of one-and-done tournaments. On any given night the shots could not fall and you're done. It's not easy, that's why you don't typically see a single team utterly dominate the conference tournament every year. Gonzaga is a rarity and even they've had plenty of years having to deal with St. Mary's and others. History is littered with teams who dominated their conference in the regular season just to get upset in their conference tournament and be left out of the Big Dance.

IF USF can finish in the top 4 of the conference, they will get a bye into the Quarterfinals. That means only having to win 3 games to make the NCAA tournament. While those will likely be 3 of the better teams in the conference, it is our most likely path to the Tourney. I think we go 9-4 down the stretch, finishing the regular season 20-9 (13-5). It's doubtful that will be good enough to finish in the top 4 given how bad the bottom 6 teams in the conference are. It certainly is nice to actually be considering these possibilities! 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

We shall see!  Hopefully we are getting there 

Has a ranked team ever NOT made the tournament?