• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chances of making march madness?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

Nobody said that.  They said that was the only way we would get in, not with an at large bid ........ 

Based off of the records of our remaining opponents, we can win with or w/o winning the AAC tournament. We have 13 games left. Five of those teams currently have losing records and the rest either have the same record or more losses than us. Once again, what makes it a long shot for us to make the tournament? I'm not claiming that we will go to the tournament, but I don't see the "longshotiveness" of it all lol 

image.png.131a3b858bce9430ee27bac4fe575b3a.png

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,483
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

In our current conference that is true. The power conferences can get away with that. We did in 2012. 

very true. I understand the reasoning for the extremely weak OOC schedule, but this is the downside of it. Now we could win this conference, its really not that good. 

That being said any postseason this year is a huge accomplishment. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Based off of the records of our remaining opponents, we can win with or w/o winning the AAC tournament. We have 13 games left. Five of those teams currently have losing records and the rest either have the same record or more losses than us. Once again, what makes it a long shot for us to make the tournament? I'm not claiming that we will go to the tournament, but I don't see the "longshotiveness" of it all lol 

image.png.131a3b858bce9430ee27bac4fe575b3a.png

what makes us a longshot is our current NET is 130. To get an at large we need to be like top 40-50. The conference is also not really good, only potential quality win left is FAU. I suppose you could win out get wins in the Conference tourneyt and lose in the championship game and find your way in. That being said its a long shot.

I also suspect we drop atleast a few games down the stretch.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Get the latest College Basketball rankings for the 2023-24 season. Find out where your favorite team is ranked in the AP Top 25, Coaches Poll, Top 25 And 1, NET, or RPI...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

No matter what happens, we can still go mad in March.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

what makes us a longshot is our current NET is 130. To get an at large we need to be like top 40-50. The conference is also not really good, only potential quality win left is FAU. I suppose you could win out get wins in the Conference tourneyt and lose in the championship game and find your way in. That being said its a long shot.

I also suspect we drop atleast a few games down the stretch.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Get the latest College Basketball rankings for the 2023-24 season. Find out where your favorite team is ranked in the AP Top 25, Coaches Poll, Top 25 And 1, NET, or RPI...

But the teams with the tougher schedule still have to win their games as well. A week ago, 14 of the AP Top 25 teams lost to an unranked opponent. There is a lot of parity this year, so a lot of teams will have losses. I feel we are selling ourselves short saying it's a longshot. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

But the teams with the tougher schedule still have to win their games as well. A week ago, 14 of the AP Top 25 teams lost to an unranked opponent. There is a lot of parity this year, so a lot of teams will have losses. I feel we are selling ourselves short saying it's a longshot. 

but the problem is those teams with losses in big time conferences have a much better SOS, also we played some really bad teams which does not help.

a net of 130, after the Memphis win is telling. 

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

but the problem is those teams with losses in big time conferences have a much better SOS, also we played some really bad teams which does not help.

It doesn't matter what their SOS is if they keep losing. All we can do is win at least 10 of our last 13 games and/or win the AACe tourney and leave the rest up to fate.  I'm not saying it's going to be an easy journey, but I don't agree with the "long shot" sentiment. At least not until we lose a few more games first. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

a net of 130, after the Memphis win is telling. 

Didn't it go down?  I thought I read last week we were 127

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It doesn't matter what their SOS is if they keep losing. All we can do is win at least 10 of our last 13 games and/or win the AACe tourney and leave the rest up to fate.  I'm not saying it's going to be an easy journey, but I don't agree with the "long shot" sentiment. At least not until we lose a few more games first. 

So your theory is Kansas and Purdue are going to lose 10 more games or so and that is going to open the door for us to get in?  

When your NET is 130 at this point it is a long shot.  But I will say that winning the aac tournament is a possibility at this point.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,611
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Didn't it go down?  I thought I read last week we were 127

image.thumb.png.6ea809ba8cbeb63b35a18b97621748b2.png