• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chances of making march madness?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

I know its a long shot but we do have a chance, our net ranking right now is 127 after the Memphis game. Hope we finish strong and make a good push in the conference tourney. I do believe we can make the nit or cbi, I just have slight optimism for more.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

Have 3 quality wins now, will need to continue putting together strong performances. NIT would be a good turnaround, similar to a bowl game for CAG. 

Next season we could be fighting for a tourney spot. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  666
  • Days Won:  0

Could you imagine that turnaround in one year? Man that would be amazing.

At this point I'd be happy with even the NIT.

Hate to sound ungrateful but no thanks to the CBI. Gives too many memories of a first year CBG and my optimism at a championship contending team.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

We would have to have a strong run in conference play and at least split the two games we have left on the schedule against Memphis and FAU, then make a deep run in the conference tourney. As it stands now, the conference is likely a 2-bid league so we would have to do a lot to change that to get an at-large or win the conference tourney outright.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Judd keep winning. Whatever happens will happen. Right now I’m considering the regular season as part of the madness in which I am already enjoying. Good news is that the NIT is very reachable now as long as the wins keep coming. I can’t remember how long it has been since USF made the NIT so making it this season during CAAR 1st year at USF would be amazing! 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

28 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

We would have to have a strong run in conference play and at least split the two games we have left on the schedule against Memphis and FAU, then make a deep run in the conference tourney. As it stands now, the conference is likely a 2-bid league so we would have to do a lot to change that to get an at-large or win the conference tourney outright.

Only 1 game against FAU. we are done with Memphis. (not counting conference tourney)

I think an at large is a long shot. I do think 20 wins is reachable. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

Only make the dance if we win Conference tourney however NIT is obtainable and would be an incredible turnaround.  I agree with prior poster, CBI been there and done that, hard pass.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

I think we would have to end at least in the top 3 of the league. We need to hope that FAU keeps winning; stays ranked, and that we beat them at home. We need to hope that Memphis keeps winning and that they remain a top 20 team. Also need to hope that FSU keeps winning. FSU had a great start in ACC play.

A lot needs to happen, and I think a NIT bid is much more likely. But who knows.

But wow; what a turn around so far. Lets keep the momentum going.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

43 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

CBI been there and done that,

This team hasn’t. If they want to go, you send them. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

It will be really hard, if not impossible at this point, to get to the NCAA Tourney without winning the conference tournament. We might be able to afford one more loss and somehow slide in if we made the conference finals, but our overall body of work is going to be lacking even with a win over FAU. The losses to CMU, Maine, and Hofstra, while part of the building process, essentially cost us any shot at an at-large. 

The change to the NIT qualification rules are total BS. In the past, a regular season conference champ who didn't qualify for the NCAA tournament would get a guaranteed spot in the NIT. Now, the NIT is guaranteeing 12 of their spots to the 2 highest NET ranked teams from the P6 (Big East included) that did not qualify for the NCAA tournament. Not only that, those 12 teams will get the opportunity to host first round games, leaving only 4 hosting spots for all of the other teams in the tournament. Last season the Mountain West was ranked #5 in the NET, ahead of the Pac 12 and the ACC. Most seasons, most of those teams will deserve to host, but not always. Last year 6 non-P6 teams were given top 16 seeds, moving forward it looks like it will be no more than 4. The rule should be that regular season conference champs only get a guaranteed spot if they are in the top-100 of the NET. I know that the NIT is just worried about money, interest, and ratings, but this change only further benefits the haves over the have nots. 

• Upvote 3