• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chances of making march madness?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

FAU will be a very difficult test. 

4 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I do believe that game will probably sell out.

13 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

The only remaining home game you can't buy a ticket to (except general admission) on ticketmaster.  Interesting.

Wow, that is interesting ....... there are few resale tix there but that's it. StubHub has what looks like similar tix to TM but also some in the Club area, which I hate seeing. Nothing in the 300's though, which is odd if all the lower ones are sold ....... maybe I underestimated that game's interest.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

58 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wow, that is interesting ....... there are few resale tix there but that's it. StubHub has what looks like similar tix to TM but also some in the Club area, which I hate seeing. Nothing in the 300's though, which is odd if all the lower ones are sold ....... maybe I underestimated that game's interest.

How many FAU fans live in the area?  I'm guessing it isn't USF fans buying them up.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Good question. I believe only time ranked teams missed the tournament was probably due to being banned from post season play. If USF doesn’t get ranked in the top 25 this season I believe they will get there next season. 

In 2004, Utah State was 25-2 and ranked #21

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

How many FAU fans live in the area?  I'm guessing it isn't USF fans buying them up.

FAU fans in the area and not that bad a drive from down there either. It'll be them and probably some casual college hoops fans from around here, plus some add'l, curious USF fans not already going to games.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

43 minutes ago, Triple B said:

FAU fans in the area and not that bad a drive from down there either. It'll be them and probably some casual college hoops fans from around here, plus some add'l, curious USF fans not already going to games.

Probably gonna be one of the biggest hoops games in the nation during that time. We shall see if ESPN College GameDay makes the trip to the YC….

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

I too underestimated the interest in FAU locally.  Assuming since there is a GA section this year, that the 300 level would just be part of that and you won't see seats for sale up there even if they plan on utilizing it for a game.  Not sure, but again I'm pretty amazed.

GO BULLS!

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

Still a long shot?

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

Still a long shot?

Yep .... without winning the tourney.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Yep .... without winning the tourney.

But are we a long shot to win the tourney?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

But are we a long shot to win the tourney?

No, especially if we get a top 4 seed. I would say we are in the 5-10% range at this point. If we can show that we are capable of beating FAU I think that number jumps to 15% to 20%. 

Looking at the regular season conference champ odds, we opened at +4000 and that is now down to +550. I'm just glad this team has given us all something to enjoy. We are used to getting ready for Spring practice for football at this point. 

• Upvote 1