• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

150 Million Dollar Green "Bounce House" for the price of 300 Million??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Oh brother! Had no idea we had so many amateur engineers, etc. here. We have a flipping football stadium coming and a bunch of numbnuts are critiquing one computer-generated sketch and deciding it’s a failure. Not to be believed. Honestly, UNBELIEVABLE. OK, now go ahead and unload on me. Go Bulls?

Like I've said, some people would ***** if you hung them with a brand new rope.  Right out of the package.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

16 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Like I've said, some people would ***** if you hung them with a brand new rope.  Right out of the package.

This may subside when we are hanging out at our very own "Grove", going to the campus for each game and starting a tradition.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

47 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Oh brother! Had no idea we had so many amateur engineers, etc. here. We have a flipping football stadium coming and a bunch of numbnuts are critiquing one computer-generated sketch and deciding it’s a failure. Not to be believed. Honestly, UNBELIEVABLE. OK, now go ahead and unload on me. Go Bulls?

You should not have been surprised

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Snapdragon Stadium last year was $310 million and capacity is 35,000 also.  I think what we are getting is going to be comparable. 

This was my same point! This is what you get for $300 million these days. Theirs looks like a quality stadium and I’m guessing our supports will look very similar and I’m ok with it. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,477

I don't think i'm alone in being very underwhelmed by what was shown, considering the price tag.

Whatever "designer" threw this job together in Photoshop doesn't exactly inspire confidence in design capabilities.

12-05-2023_USFFCUChampionsWayConcept_A.thumb.jpg.6806567cad0a8b947842a4be5cf9dd87.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

There's something else that's being ignored. 

UCF's bounce house was built 16 years ago. 

FAU's stadium was built 13 years ago. 

Costs were substantially lower than. Times change, and costs go up with time. If this stadium had been built in say, 2015 or 2016 I think $150-200 million is absolutely a realistic number. We're in 2023 now, not 2015 or 2016. Cost of labor has gone up. Cost of materials has gone up. 

Had USF moved forward with Bartow Malone to do the build, it likely would have cost more than the $340M currently budgeted for the project. Instead they're going with a construction manager at risk model to lower the costs and stay within budget, which is something everyone should be happy about. 

For the record, the stadium will cost $315 million. The $25 million coming from TGH funds the performance facility. 

We're actually doing just fine. We've raised $43 million privately, $7 million more to go. We've gotten $5 million more out of the broadband sales than we were expecting, that's another $30 million. CITF is pitching in another $31 million. Finally there's another $34 million coming from previous broadband and other sources. So we're at $138M already with $7 million in fundraising left to do. We could always get more. I wonder if there's any other sources for another big gift of $10-25 million. 

Inflation.... paying more for less is the new normal.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

What's wrong with Snapdragon Stadium? The estimated cost is $310M. That's ballpark what U of SF's stadium is going to run, so I'm just guessing that they're similar in construction. What if that's the standard template for stadiums going forward? It will be fun to compare the finished product with the "here's an idea" renderings.  From one side of our mouth we say "I don't care if it's wooden benches as long as it's ours and we're not at RayJ" and out of the other side "If we're going to build it, build it right*".

Unfortunately, "right" is pretty subjective. You're not getting a $500M stadium for $300M. It's gonna be what U of SF can afford in 2023. I'm just surprised at the level of excitement over conceptual drawings. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Now you see why I was happy USF took forever to release the renderings. The critics come out of the woodwork. I said it before & I will say it again. USF will have the best OCS in the state of Florida. Nothing will close to compare imo.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Inflation.... paying more for less is the new normal.

Plus supply chain issues pushed the timeline back. USF imo will hit a Homerun with their OCS.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,477

Even if adjusted for inflation, we should be getting something that looks more like baylor's stadium, not fau.