• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Struck Gold With CAG! He didn’t just cry…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,408
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, CousinRicky said:

I only had a couple of drinks today so I'm possibly misremembering.  But I thought that just before we welled up he was saying how this game didn't mean anything more than the process worked for this week and the first road win in years didn't mean anything more than that.  Then he teared up knowing full well what this meant to the players and the school's fans.

Brad said I missed you by a few minutes last night. Sorry man. I went extra hard in the gym after a long day and didn't get home early enough. I used a few more chain lifts to pull navy for the win.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  180
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Brad said:

We became a mid-major to high-minor a few years ago.  We better figure out how to keep a coach.  This idea that you just have to suffer a coaching change every 3-4 years is ridiculous.  Coach Go is finding guys that want to leave a mark, a legacy.  We need to do the same thing and I am hoping Coach is what he says he is.  He's as committed to the program as he asks those kids to be.  Otherwise, as much as I like him, he's another fraud.   Become the guy.  

Go ahead, I can take it.

Couldn't agree more! He better stick around until this powerhouse is fully built. What good is a foundation without walls and a roof (stability) and everything else that goes with it?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

Even FSU couldn’t keep a winning coach. 

But I do have to wonder if guys like Taggart or Frost or Herman ever regret their moves. They both flopped at their next stop. They both built more competitive teams at the USF and UCF and Houston than they did at FSU or Nebraska or Texas. 

Their careers are proof that a coaches winning formula at one school in one conference often doesn’t work at another university and conference.

If you build a team that wins the conference and is winning new years bowl games or in the playoff conversion, it’s hard to be certain that success can be repeated at a different university. Now there are some truely great coaches like Urban Meyer and Nick Saban who win a national championship at two universities, but take a look at Jimbo Fisher who has yet to even win the SEC West after 6 years despite having won a national championship at FSU. 

Would love to see a winning coach turn down a bump in money and name brand and instead just keep winning where it’s been working for them. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

11 minutes ago, Ten Toed Sloth said:

Couldn't agree more! He better stick around until this powerhouse is fully built. What good is a foundation without walls and a roof (stability) and everything else that goes with it?!

Be who the **** you say you are.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

30 minutes ago, Brad said:

Be who the **** you say you are.  

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,408
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

Tell all the other AAC teams. If you want it , come and get it , let me know. LETS GO

The Rock Wwe GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Dare I say, "We might have a coach, folks." 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I'm willing to allow Coach Golesh to compete with my memories of FCWT. He officially has my attention (already had my cautious support).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Gismo said:

Would love to see a winning coach turn down a bump in money and name brand and instead just keep winning where it’s been working for them. 

See Also: Jim Leavitt

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

On 9/30/2023 at 11:45 PM, Gismo said:

It's true.  Stay where it is working and dominate.