• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Struck Gold With CAG! He didn’t just cry…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

CAG seems to have a genuine emotional attachment to this program. By far the closest thing since Coach Leavitt that I’ve seen.

There was something he said early on….something to the effect of “I remember when this program was exciting. When they were winning. There is no reason that this program has recruited so horribly and turned into a joke”.

I’m paraphrasing, but there were a lot of things that struck me about CAG, but that particular quote really stood out.

It is like he rooted for USF and coveted the opportunity from afar, well before coming here.

For the first time, IN A LONG TIME, our program is exciting. USF football seems relevant again.

Lastly, one thing that I’ve not seen mentioned…..this guy has brought a discipline that I’m not sure I’ve EVER seen here at USF. Even during the Leavitt era.

Thus team “acts like they’ve been there” like I’ve never seen.

There is none of the BS “look at me” crap after big plays. Offense, defense, special teams.

These kids make plays and they look like they expect to make plays. Then they line up ready to make more plays.

This team feels like an Alabama, or a disciplined Patriots team. They look and act like real pros.

I am so high on this program and this coach. This is real.

Us long suffering Bulls fans should really take a close look at what is happening, right now.

The future looks bright again, but I’m going to do my best to enjoy every moment of the present. The rise to relevance once again.

This guy is a modern day, much more sophisticated CJL.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved this, it made me feel hyped up reading it. Thanks! 🙏🏼 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

The future looks bright again, but I’m going to do my best to enjoy every moment of the present. The rise to relevance once again.

100% We finally hit all the components at the right time. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Loved this, it made me feel hyped up reading it. Thanks! 🙏🏼 

Thank you. That make me feel hyped!! LFG!!!!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

An coach signs a contract that they are comfortable with. There is no reason to extend it. There are incentives built into that contract. When the coach exceeds those goals MAYBE I would add a generous bonus to his contract. At the end, or somewhere close to the end of the contract, we begin negotiations on the next one. Don't get me wrong. He would know full well that he will be compensated generously IF it's earned. 

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

He would know full well that he will be compensated generously IF it's earned. 

Gotta keep the stability in place to open up the new stadium.  Lock in conference move.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

We became a mid-major to high-minor a few years ago.  We better figure out how to keep a coach.  This idea that you just have to suffer a coaching change every 3-4 years is ridiculous.  Coach Go is finding guys that want to leave a mark, a legacy.  We need to do the same thing and I am hoping Coach is what he says he is.  He's as committed to the program as he asks those kids to be.  Otherwise, as much as I like him, he's another fraud.   Become the guy.  

Go ahead, I can take it.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Go ahead, I can take it.

You aren't wrong!  The thing is if we are serious about being legit then when the time comes we'll have to pay him.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

Coaching changes happen almost as often as conference changes these days.  Tis the way of the college football world.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I only had a couple of drinks today so I'm possibly misremembering.  But I thought that just before we welled up he was saying how this game didn't mean anything more than the process worked for this week and the first road win in years didn't mean anything more than that.  Then he teared up knowing full well what this meant to the players and the school's fans.