• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was Saturday our 'Syracuse' moment?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

Not seeing it yet but I hope we are building toward a week-by-week, game-by-game improvement following the CAG process in lieu of the "let Q be Q" approach.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

On 10/10/15, we went into the fifth game of the season with an abysmal record of 10-30 over the prior 40 games. USF had started the season by beating Florida A&M, lost to Number 11 Florida State at home, and lost by 18 to a scrappy Maryland team (#87 in Sagarin Rankings at the time) away. In the game against Syracuse, Quinton Flowers stole the show completing 60% of his passes for 259 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs while adding 55 yards on the ground and another TD, leading USF to a 45-24 home victory. We'd go 7-2 for the remainder of the schedule and then 21-4 over the next two seasons in the best stretch of football since the Jim Leavitt era.

On 9/23/23, we went into the fourth game of the season with an abysmal record of 5-35 over the prior 40 games. USF had started the season by beating Florida A&M, lost to Number 10 Alabama at home, and lost by 17 to a scrappy Western Kentucky team (#89 in Sagarin Rankings at the time) away. In the game against Rice, Byrum Brown stole the show completing 76% of his passes for 435 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs while adding 82 yards on the ground and another TD, leading USF to a 42-29 home victory. Was this game our 'Syracuse' moment, where we'll finally turn around from the disaster that's been USF football for the better part of five years?

I sure hope so. The only thing I'd note is that the coach responsible for a good chunk of those losses over the prior 40 games in 2015 was still the coach when they turned things around. Not so with this coach - he's only four games into his tenure, which to me is more impressive. Need to keep winning and recruiting!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

What the hell! Yada, yada... he threw for a bunch of yards and ran some... BIG DEAL! NOOOOBODY talks about the 2 point conversion. 😎:roflmao:🤘

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Great thread, OP. I actually thought about that as a possibility after roasting them in the 2nd half. I was at that Syracuse game too. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

It definitely feels like it as of 09/25.  Many positions are passing the eyeball test and the defense miraculously tackles, blitzes and hits hard after years of futility.  Our lines actually hung with Alabama. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Going to make me start looking at UTSA tickets. Especially since some of the early prognostications are a Florida bowl game.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

27 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

On 10/10/15, we went into the fifth game of the season with an abysmal record of 10-30 over the prior 40 games. USF had started the season by beating Florida A&M, lost to Number 11 Florida State at home, and lost by 18 to a scrappy Maryland team (#87 in Sagarin Rankings at the time) away. In the game against Syracuse, Quinton Flowers stole the show completing 60% of his passes for 259 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs while adding 55 yards on the ground and another TD, leading USF to a 45-24 home victory. We'd go 7-2 for the remainder of the schedule and then 21-4 over the next two seasons in the best stretch of football since the Jim Leavitt era.

On 9/23/23, we went into the fourth game of the season with an abysmal record of 5-35 over the prior 40 games. USF had started the season by beating Florida A&M, lost to Number 10 Alabama at home, and lost by 17 to a scrappy Western Kentucky team (#89 in Sagarin Rankings at the time) away. In the game against Rice, Byrum Brown stole the show completing 76% of his passes for 435 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs while adding 82 yards on the ground and another TD, leading USF to a 42-29 home victory. Was this game our 'Syracuse' moment, where we'll finally turn around from the disaster that's been USF football for the better part of five years

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Going to make me start looking at UTSA tickets.

I guess the health of their QB will make all the difference in the world.