• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was Saturday our 'Syracuse' moment?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Outlaw said:

I think FAMU had a more talented dline then Rice.

FAMU might be in the top half of our conference, if they joined. I wonder how far they go this season

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,417

4 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

FAMU might be in the top half of our conference, if they joined. I wonder how far they go this season

Please don't go there. WE don't want to help another Florida team move up to power5 from the AAC.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

FAMU might be in the top half of our conference, if they joined. 

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Please don't go there. WE don't want to help another Florida team move up to power5 from the AAC.

We need to win our games and control what we can control. What other schools do is irrelevant. If we hold up our end of the bargain we will move up

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  0

Been thinking the same thing.  Don’t think so, but definite improvement.  

The Syracuse game was one of my favorites.  There was a ‘Cuse fan a few rows down from us, and kept giving us dirty looks as the game went on. My wife and I started cheering louder and making obnoxious comments just to annoy this guy even more.  He eventually left in the early 4th quarter.  

Good times! Go Bulls

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

17 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Really because I don't know if we could win games without the defensive revival.

Playing worse opponents can help revive things

17 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

CJS played not to lose and lost. CAG played not to lose in the first few games and changed his approach. Idk if he went deeper into the playbook or made some other mental adjustments, but it paid off.  CJS wasn’t not going to make that leap or he would’ve.

I like CAG better for sure and I do think that he is better than CJS (not really a compliment I guess) and I do not want to defend CJS who failed miserably with his task but it is pretty obvious that this AAC and in turn the schedule is much softer than what was previously just really soft. Reduced competition should lead to better results in most instances. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,528
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Playing worse opponents can help revive things.

Is that why Saban was playing us?

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I like CAG better for sure and I do think that he is better than CJS (not really a compliment I guess) and I do not want to defend CJS who failed miserably with his task but it is pretty obvious that this AAC and in turn the schedule is much softer than what was previously just really soft. Reduced competition should lead to better results in most instances. 

Disagree Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

last season we lost a few games by a lot. Florida, Cincy, UCF, and Tulsa were within a score. But Temple, Louisville, Tulane, BYU, ECU, Houston, SMU each stomped us. We had our only win against the mighty Howard. I honestly don’t believe CJS would’ve won any of these games this season.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

48 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Disagree Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

last season we lost a few games by a lot. Florida, Cincy, UCF, and Tulsa were within a score. But Temple, Louisville, Tulane, BYU, ECU, Houston, SMU each stomped us. We had our only win against the mighty Howard. I honestly don’t believe CJS would’ve won any of these games this season.

Perhaps but Sagarin rankings had Temple being the only team as bad as Rice, time will tell if this is a major shift but if we beat 3-4 teams that were worse than anyone we lost to last season I’m not sure it would be quite our Syracuse moment