• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jimmy Horn and Xavier Weaver

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

On 9/3/2023 at 7:34 AM, WoolyBully said:

Thre's a part of me that thinks that even if you do OBTAIN better talent, the real heavy lifting is RETAINIG said talent in the more challenging portal/nil era. Human nature being what it is, there are more forces at work than the let's-go-team! environment of yesteryear. If things aren't panning out here, no reason not to turn in my papers and head over there. Why stick around for four years hoping that I might get a highlight reel in year four? Striking while the iron is hot and all of that..🤨

We are pretty much the minor league system for the P5 teams with money. Come here and do well, then get the “call up” to the big leagues. The way the transfer portal and nil is setup only really benefits the top 20 or so teams with the deepest pocket donors. The nil and transfer portal the way it’s currently done is imo ruining college football. It’s hard to get too excited about any of our “star” players because you know they will leave.

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

We are pretty much the minor league system for the P5 teams with money. Come here and do well, then get the “call up” to the big leagues. The way the transfer portal and nil is setup only really benefits the top 20 or so teams with the deepest pocket donors. The nil and transfer portal the way it’s currently done is imo ruining college football. It’s hard to get too excited about any of our “star” players because you know they will leave.

Yep. 

This is a huge negative to the transfer rules.

“Student” athletes are now basically free agents. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 9/3/2023 at 7:23 AM, smazza said:

south florida and them mentioned on sportscenter

goach couldnt keep them

he needs to recruit better talent or he will be joining jeff scott

Goach never had a chance to keep them. I don't remember when Horn entered the portal, but it may have been before Goach was hired. And Weaver quit on the team with 3 games left so he wouldn't get hurt before transferring. So there was no chance he was staying around.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

I thought this was a USF chat board. Why is this even being discussed? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think it is more a situation where they do not get the playing time. Battie averaged 7 ypc and only got 15 carries per game. That is like having a 50% 3pt shooter taking just 1 3pt shot per game. I would be giving him at least 25 carries per game.

I was frustrated the last 2 years with Horn not getting targets. He had 37 receptions last year and 30 the year before. Against TCU, he had 11 receptions. He will likely triple his receptions this year and break a few long ones to lead the team in yards this year. And Weaver probably had a career high (not sure) of 118 yards receiving at TCU. If you have weapons, use them. Design plays that match their skill set. That's what Colorado did with their weapons. Dylan Edwards two long TD receptions were short passes to get him in space to take advantage of what he does best, which is make people miss.

I am sorry, but if you have skill players, take advantage of that and give them touches or your best players will leave. Unfortunately for Battie, it looks like Auburn has tons of RBs that will take away carries from him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I thought this was a USF chat board. Why is this even being discussed? 

We are nothing if not creative to find ways to ***** about the past ….

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Doesn't bother me to be a farm club as long as we are a consistently good farm club.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Weaver. We made the broadcast because he is tearing it up again. Broacaster used both USF and South Florida. How bout that.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Thanks Weaver. We made the broadcast because he is tearing it up again. Broacaster used both USF and South Florida. How bout that.

It’s likely he said USF because he’s been involved in college football over the past 20 years but then corrected himself as he was checking his notes where it says “South Florida”.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Maybe we should sign up to be Alabamas AAA team. They send us their 4 and 5 star freshmen and we let them play here for 2 years. After 2 years we send them up to Alabama.