• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

26 minutes ago, bulloni said:

sounds like we're still months away from any images of what this thing will look like

I believe that particular language is from previous requests. They've already been holding talking sessions and stuff to get interested parties' feedback on the stadium, plus we've also seen some drafts of items they're toying around with putting in the stadium. We may be months away from them going public with the renderings, but I think if they're requesting the debt issuance, then they've already got a good idea of the cost and the official plans probably aren't far behind

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

I am glad it looks like were are not going the cheap route. It looks they are going to built it right. Having an OCS is an important step in my opinion to get into a Power 5 conference. Now we have to start winning. Cant wait to see renditions of what it will look like.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

The success of our football program could also mean a lot to the Temple Terrace area of Tampa.

If we have a consistently filled OCS and the occasional concert or two, all of the local businesses benefit as well. And Lord knows that area needs it.

Hope VPMK and rookie Golesh don't screw it up.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Would these bonds be available to the public, or only on the secondary market?  I don’t know jack about bonds…must have skipped too many classes…or maybe since I only had a net worth of about negative 20 grand at the time, I simply didn’t care.

You can buy them through most brokers.  (I use TD Ameritrade).

They are categorized "Municipal" bonds.

17 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I believe that particular language is from previous requests. They've already been holding talking sessions and stuff to get interested parties' feedback on the stadium, plus we've also seen some drafts of items they're toying around with putting in the stadium. We may be months away from them going public with the renderings, but I think if they're requesting the debt issuance, then they've already got a good idea of the cost and the official plans probably aren't far behind

I think @John Lewis said late this summer before we see renderings.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Wonder what the rate will be on those USF bonds.

Per this article, 5.5%.

USF will seek approval to take on $200 million in debt over 20 years, with a taxable fixed interest rate of 5.5%. The other $140 million will come from the school.

NC7OSRP75NAQ3GMP6EY7KTHYEQ.jpg

Committee meeting documents reveal the first concrete budget for the Bulls’ proposed stadium.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

49 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I am glad it looks like were are not going the cheap route. It looks they are going to built it right. Having an OCS is an important step in my opinion to get into a Power 5 conference. Now we have to start winning. Cant wait to see renditions of what it will look like.

Nailed it. I’m just going to go with P6 starting in 2024 though 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,297
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Speechless. The day we sit in that stadium for its opening, we'll be shedding some tears, boys.

Tears?  Maybe sweat , beer,and excitement. Hopefully a win to break the curse of the burial grounds, Judy, and Jim Leavitt. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

40 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Speechless. The day we sit in that stadium for its opening, we'll be shedding some tears, boys.

I think it will be a great day. However, for me, the moments when we get a Power 5 invite, win a conference championship, and win a New Year bowl game, will be even greater moments. I think the building of an OCS makes the last 3 more likely.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Mentioned on the doc is the recommended building program: 35k seat capacity. 10k seats dedicated to scholarship seating (student section?). 1,200 club seats. 40 loge boxes. 24 luxury suites. Field level club with capacity to support 800 memberships

Also points out the average cost for an FBS stadium to be built in Tampa is estimated at 194.1 million. They are estimating between it'll be between 277.2 and 302.9 million to make it a top tier stadium.