• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

One thing to note if I'm reading the chart correctly.  My tier 3 club seats now cost $600 per seat.  This would increase to $2,750 each??  That seems like quite a jump though I understand the inventory is substantially reduced for club access.  Oh well, no air conditiong here I come!

I wonder too is the capital gift one time or recurring AND if we already made a gift does that count towards it? But agreed if my current seats that have club access go to $2750 per seat, then I will just do midfield lower level. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

So 10,000 "scholarship" seating are non-club seats that require a capital gift/initial license per the chart below which identifies the pricing for such seats.  Also, they've only allocated 6,000 seats to students which I think is proper at over 17-18% of all seats.

image.png.ad15f71aa2535df92e6ac0ec4034e003.png

Field level club membership?

• Topic Count:  4,746
  • Content Count:  37,633
  • Days Won:  29

Sure it's per seat per year.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  847

I think pricing for the OCS seats is going to be a shock to many. The school has paid millions of dollars for studies on maximizing revenue while decreasing costs, and charging for seat fees and the costs for tickets in smaller stadiums are likely going to be much higher than what we are used to at RJ. This will require adjustments to yearly budgeting/savings/prioritization for all of us. The good news is - we have 3 years to start digging through our couches and saving our pennies! 

Options to help save - start a new account and donate a little each month. Use Acorns and setup a marginal addition with each expense you make. Dividend/coupons distribute to an OCS account. Etc. Etc. Looking forward to that first home game on campus with everyone from this forum. 

Edited by USF_Bullsharks
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  402
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, michibull said:

Wouldn’t this be the ultimate middle finger to UCF, they pay us to go to B12, we use the money to build a new, quality, state of the art stadium that helps us get into the ACC!!! One can hope. 

Eh lol the buyout is a drop in the bucket for what this costs. Each of the 3 is paying $18M and the AAC will probably take a cut. But let's assume they don't and that's only divided among the 8 legacy AAC teams. 18x3/8 is 6.75. money is money but nothing significant. Especially with how slowly it'll be paid out.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,053
  • Days Won:  38

56 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

This is great news and it has something that I have been crying for since 1998 lol 

Exactly.  This is a gamechanger.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,378
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Eh lol the buyout is a drop in the bucket for what this costs. Each of the 3 is paying $18M and the AAC will probably take a cut. But let's assume they don't and that's only divided among the 8 legacy AAC teams. 18x3/8 is 6.75. money is money but nothing significant. Especially with how slowly it'll be paid out.

Lol won’t be long before USF has their own rust bucket. Hope you know we are just giving you a hard time because it is all fun & games lol. Don’t take it too personal. After all, I do believe USF helped UCF turn things around as they used USF’s success under Leavitt as motivation. Hopefully USF is now doing the same thing and can hopefully finally win a conference championship some day lol. You see, us USF fans have fun ragging on ourselves too 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  956

5 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Lol won’t be long before USF has their own rust bucket. Hope you know we are just giving you a hard time because it is all fun & games lol. Don’t take it too personal. After all, I do believe USF helped UCF turn things around as they used USF’s success under Leavitt as motivation. Hopefully USF is now doing the same thing and can hopefully finally win a conference championship some day lol. You see, us USF fans have fun ragging on ourselves too 

I appreciate your post. I don’t like UCF at all, but it’s sports and it’s supposed to be fun. I respect what they’ve accomplished and I hope we are more successful, but at the end of the day, it’s entertainment and it should be treated as such. Rustbucket has had some good posts too. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

33 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I think pricing for the OCS seats is going to be a shock to many. The school has paid millions of dollars for studies on maximizing revenue while decreasing costs, and charging for seat fees and the costs for tickets in smaller stadiums are likely going to be much higher than what we are used to at RJ. This will require adjustments to yearly budgeting/savings/prioritization for all of us. The good news is - we have 3 years to start digging through our couches and saving our pennies! 

Options to help save - start a new account and donate a little each month. Use Acorns and setup a marginal addition with each expense you make. Dividend/coupons distribute to an OCS account. Etc. Etc. Looking forward to that first home game on campus with everyone from this forum. 

The negative posts when it happens will be unbearable even though they asked for the stadium 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,378
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, michibull said:

I appreciate your post. I don’t like UCF at all, but it’s sports and it’s supposed to be fun. I respect what they’ve accomplished and I hope we are more successful, but at the end of the day, it’s entertainment and it should be treated as such. Rustbucket has had some good posts too. 

Yes I agree. Well said. Yeah RustBucket has been one of the cool UCF fan. Fun to pick on the big 12 as I know that gets him all riled up lol. 

• Upvote 1