• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

9 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

we also started doing a small recurring monthly donation to the Fowler Ave thing. Seems like a worthy cause and I am proud to contribute.

If there is any sport in particular you, or anyone else want your money thrown at, you need to make a notation on the website or call Corey. Otherwise it goes into the pot which will be more than likely be used for football.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

A while back their was mention of an entertainment district tied to the stadium.  I guess nothing has come out on that?   Just read a story (sorry can't link) about how Tenn is building a massive entertainment center outside Nyland stadium.     Granted ours would not be anything like theirs but it could be a nice little revenue stream

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

I thought that there was potential for the area that would be West of the Stadium and North of the track to build something.

The Tennessee district idea from the stadium to their Basketball Arena looks really sweet. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

32 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

A while back their was mention of an entertainment district tied to the stadium.  I guess nothing has come out on that?   Just read a story (sorry can't link) about how Tenn is building a massive entertainment center outside Nyland stadium.     Granted ours would not be anything like theirs but it could be a nice little revenue stream

I think some people involved in sessions where the design firms were asking questions mentioned they are looking at having a restaurant in the stadium open year round.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

I don’t know the politics in Tenn. but, was chatting with a high school coach yesterday that’s leaving Florida because of the lack of funding for high school athletics.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,479
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Is it me or is the financing a little creative at times? I worry about aspects of it but as long as it gets done idc.  

Financing is ALWAYS creative.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Is it me or is the financing a little creative at times? I worry about aspects of it but as long as it gets done idc.  

Not just you.  One (minor) concern is the sale of WUSF broadband rights for $59 million in 2017 and now.  When the first amount came in for this in 2017 was it slated for something else on campus which has now gone to the back burner?  You don't go and sell a huge asset without plans for how you're going to spend or invest the proceeds.  Hoping someone had the foresight to say let's earmark that for the OCS.

Shovels in the ground, cranes in the sky.  Let's go!

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

Is it me or is the financing a little creative at times?

I am on the outside looking in these days but I am concerned that the planning and financing elements of this project have not been inclusive enough.  I know I have said it before but something like this should be planned, designed. financed and built with the involvement of a broader community, intergovernmental and private investor base as part of a more comprehensive regional infrastructure, transportation, entertainment and community events hub providing a broader regional benefit than just an on-campus football stadium.

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Not getting politiical here, but..

Did our governor just sign a law that will bring on a major construction labor shortage substantially affecting the OCS timeline?  Hope I'm wrong.