• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So the idiots at the

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

isn't it more canceled by the people on social media than liberals or conservatives?  

That's true. A few angry tweets are hardly representative of what people care about, and those tweets don't define  sides of the political spectrum. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

36 minutes ago, Brad said:

And who cares what Matt Grothe thinks of it?

I agree with this to a point. But in today's world if you are going to share your opinion online about a seemingly controversial subject, you have to be prepared for the blowback. We have made a policy at my firm that none of the partners will post anything political or remotely controversial. If you can't refrain and think the world needs to know what you think about something, then you need to be prepared for the fallout. It isn't like this is a recent revelation. This online BS has been going on for years now. We all know the deal. I'm not saying any of it is right and I don't agree with cancel culture by either side. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Bud Light is such crappy beer. I will never drink that crap.

Give me a good craft beer any day (i.e. - Cigar City, Coppertail, Lagunitas, etc.)

Budweiser really screwed themselves!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Bud Light is such crappy beer. I will never drink that crap.

Give me a good craft beer any day (i.e. - Cigar City, Coppertail, Lagunitas, etc.)

Budweiser really screwed themselves!

Give me Belgian beer any day of the week, but I disagree that they screwed themselves. You probably have an equal amount of people offended compared to people supportive, while the vast majority couldn't care less,  so in the end I doubt it effects their sales.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

while the vast majority couldn't care less

☝️

Moving on

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I like that Yuengling golden pilsner.   Good stuff.  Reminds me of Strohs when I was a kid.  Lot's of carbonation, though.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

@Belgianbull the wokeness of Budweiser will definitely impact their sales. I don't understand how anyone can drink that crap anyway.

In addition, their stock has lost a total of $5 Billion in Market Cap since their fiasco. I am sure the stockholders are not happy with the idiocy of their Marketing Dept.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

9 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

@Belgianbull the wokeness of Budweiser will definitely impact their sales. I don't understand how anyone can drink that crap anyway.

In addition, their stock has lost a total of $5 Billion in Market Cap since their fiasco. I am sure the stockholders are not happy with the idiocy of their Marketing Dept.

The stock will correct back. The only people hurt were those looking to sell in the last few days, which, ironically, are probably those looking to protest the company. There might be a short term decline in sales, but, in the end, after the cycle of rage dies down, everything will go back to normal the way it always does. I'm just sad that our citizens keep getting dragged into pointless culture wars. We let them divide us so much on stuff that really doesn't matter, all while ignoring the real issues that actually impact our day-to-day. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

52 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Give me Belgian beer any day of the week, but I disagree that they screwed themselves. You probably have an equal amount of people offended compared to people supportive, while the vast majority couldn't care less,  so in the end I doubt it effects their sales.

Budweiser is a Belgian beer...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

The only time I have PBR is if someone on my hockey team brings it for after our games.

The local beer offerings are what I prefer.

What is your favorite Tampa based brewery?