• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So the idiots at the

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I saw Matt's tweets as they happened, it rattled a couple others too.

Saw this TDS tweet yesterday, yawned and moved on, but here ya go.  I couldn't tell if serious.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I guess I only saw one of his deleted tweets, but I don't really get the outrage (with any of it really, could care less what promotion a company is running and think this whole bud light "controversy" is stupid)

Really seems like he was making a joke that its a great time to work at Miller's Ale House because they are getting so much extra business with all the people boycotting Bud Light. 

From what I saw, it wasn't the initial tweet about being glad to be working somewhere that sold Miller, but someone questioned him on it and they went back and forth about being "woke" and not showing his definition of what "woke" is and blah blah blah. I saw the one back and forth earlier in the day before it was apparently deleted, so I don't know what other outrage came about from it

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

And who cares what Matt Grothe thinks of it?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

But the madness to “own” the other side, “to drink their tears” it’s just stupidity at its best, is like the whole country has become an elementary kid in the playground 

This is basically it. I'm sure it was going on long before, and it's more recency bias, but during the GOP primaries back ahead of the '16 election, we all decided we were cool with Trump and the other candidates trading middle school insults complete with dumb nicknames and d*** size comparisons. Political debate and discourse has completely devolved into absolute stupidity.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, Brad said:

And who cares what Matt Grothe thinks of it?

Agree completely, I don’t care. But unfortunately for him since he is now one of the figureheads of the Fowler Collective some will tie that to him and his comments. Not saying it should happen, I certainly don’t agree with his views but will continue supporting Fowler Collective but others might not. Is where we are right now. Cancel Culture exists on BOTH sides.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814

2 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

This is basically it. I'm sure it was going on long before, and it's more recency bias, but during the GOP primaries back ahead of the '16 election, we all decided we were cool with Trump and the other candidates trading middle school insults complete with dumb nicknames and d*** size comparisons. Political debate and discourse has completely devolved into absolute stupidity.

I call it the WWF/Real Housewives version of politics. Politicians have realized that the vast number of Americans rather be entertained and outraged.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

Just now, GoBulls84 said:

I think being able to argue on the internet is what made everything nose dive. 

If an interaction like this happens in person whoever's offended just shrugs it off or walks away because not everyone has to agree with everyone on everything. Easy to act high and mighty with your morals online, if you run around screaming in person about what the other guy just said and how everyone should be mad at him you'd look like a lunatic.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cubanbull said:

I call it the WWF/Real Housewives version of politics. Politicians have realized that the vast number of Americans rather be entertained and outraged.

Exactly. It's what I call Trainwreck TV. It's absolute garbage and the average person can't turn away from it. It pulls ratings, and that's frankly all the media gives a crap about.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

Here's your reminder to support the FAC and USF athletes in general. Matt is the face of FAC (and largely USF athletics alumni), but he is not the beneficiary. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1