• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USAToday gave USF a D+ for hiring Alex Golesh.......That is GREAT news!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

The reason I say this is great news is because Charlie Strong and Jeff Scott were both grades A's and listed as "homerun" hires. I always hated how they both felt that they were doing us a favor when they got hired. CJS felt like he didn't have to work hard and that success would be handed to him.  Now that our coach has a D+ ranking he will go even harder and is hungry to prove his critics wrong. Especially after we all cried about not getting Deion. I sense a different vibe with this staff. To me breaking this cycle of hiring coaches that seems like the obvious perfect hire will lead us to better results. We finally decided to think "out of box" and I'm ready for CAG to chew bubble gum and kick ass !!! Go Bulls!!!!:04-rock:

609f2a6fbbe9c7cf43688498e0571918

USA TODAY Sports evaluated the résumés of new FBS coaches and gave each hire a letter grade based on immediate fit and chance for long-term success.

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

And they start the article admitting they don't know what the hell they're talking about. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,036
  • Days Won:  38

He seemed aware of the grumbling in the initial press conference when he mentioned that he hadn't looked on social media for a couple days.  It will be nice if he can prove everyone wrong.  I know it would make me want to.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Local high school coach was ******** on Twitter lastnight about not having the new staff reach out to him yet (after 10 days lol). He followed up this morning that Golesh has since reached out to him and is looking forward to meeting him

Weird move on the high school coaches part but goes to show Golesh is really giving this 110%

10 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Local high school coach was ******** on Twitter lastnight about not having the new staff reach out to him yet (after 10 days lol). He followed up this morning that Golesh has since reached out to him and is looking forward to meeting him

Weird move on the high school coaches part but goes to show Golesh is really giving this 110%

This could be a delay in getting the internal process working.  Also yes, Twitter is basically were humanity goes to die.  Probably civilization cohesion at least...  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

30 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Didn't we read about a zoom meeting with 100 high school coaches (or something similar)?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

48 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The reason I say this is great news is because Charlie Strong and Jeff Scott were both grades A's and listed as "homerun" hires. I always hated how they both felt that they were doing us a favor when they got hired. CJS felt like he didn't have to work hard and that success would be handed to him.  Now that our coach has a D+ ranking he will go even harder and is hungry to prove his critics wrong. Especially after we all cried about not getting Deion. I sense a different vibe with this staff. To me breaking this cycle of hiring coaches that seems like the obvious perfect hire will lead us to better results. We finally decided to think "out of box" and I'm ready for CAG to chew bubble gum and kick ass !!! Go Bulls!!!!:04-rock:

609f2a6fbbe9c7cf43688498e0571918

USA TODAY Sports evaluated the résumés of new FBS coaches and gave each hire a letter grade based on immediate fit and chance for long-term success.

200.gif

The opposite of Jeff Scott sounds like a winner to me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The opposite of Jeff Scott sounds like a winner to me. 

Literally though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Didn't we read about a zoom meeting with 100 high school coaches (or something similar)?

Correct, and I believe all coaches in the state were invited

Just now, hm101 said:

Correct, and I believe all coaches in the state were invited

Maybe it went to that high school coaches spam folder :D 

• Haha 1