• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USAToday gave USF a D+ for hiring Alex Golesh.......That is GREAT news!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

That reminds me, Coach Go has spoken to some fans but not me.  I'm going to go call him out on Twitter. 

Yes!  It is a conspiracy against you.  The only answer is to publicly complain. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  844
  • Days Won:  1

Of course we want to look to these coaches for validation of our last coach not working out, but these coaches need to grow tf up. There are tremendous resources that go into college football recruiting nationwide (especially in Florida). What I think this is more pointing to is that those schools/coaches do not have the talent coming out of their schools to attract the investment required to scout a single high school out of the thousands.  Sure, part of their job is to try and get those kids on scholarship, but at the end of the day if they are not producing the talent, then they can't expect a flood of recruiters. Those are the fall-back kids, the late cycle offers if we've missed on a more desirable prospect. 

/rant 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,591
  • Days Won:  424

41 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Seriously in real life we assume people have the worst intentions and are evil and hateful and then it's always something dumb like they didn't get the message and are happy to talk to us.

Absolutely. Seems like more often than not lately, Mr Spam Filter goes “let me take this perfectly legitimate, probably important, email and throw it in Spam just for ***** and giggles” …

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

the guy was just trying to get the attention of the local college coach to sell his players. can't fault him for that.

doesn't take much for Golesh to acknowledge him either. These are the kinds of relationships that are essential to our success.

thought we should have hired Leavitt to be an ambassador to the local area high school coaches. build that bridge with USF. not necessarily with our head coach.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

we hired a no name guy with no real accomplishments

what grade does he deserve?

it was a terrible hire

i hope it works out

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

thought we should have hired Leavitt to be an ambassador to the local area high school coaches. build that bridge with USF. not necessarily with our head coach.

Too soon!  Still bitter about that over here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,591
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

the guy was just trying to get the attention of the local college coach to sell his players. can't fault him for that.

Not sure if anybody is really faulting him for what he was trying to accomplish ….. it was the **** way he did it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Not sure if anybody is really faulting him for what he was trying to accomplish ….. it was the **** way he did it. 

Yeah you can literally do a cute tweet like hey @coachgolesh(???) we got a bunch of talent over here!  Would love to discuss.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not a big twitter guy but this is how it's done now. clearly it was effective as Golesh responded to him the same night.

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yeah you can literally do a cute tweet like hey @coachgolesh(???) we got a bunch of talent over here!  Would love to discuss.

Golesh clearly responded within hours if not minutes. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I don't agree with it but he was able to get his immediate attention. not sure a cute tweet has the same effect

Edited by Bull94