• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball Turning a Corner?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We will be very fortunate to be over .500 in non OOC and will need a winning streak to accomplish that just barely so your measure for success will mean we go .500 in conference?  No freakin chance, never going to happen.  We may win 3-4 conf games as we usher in a new coach in the off season.  

Yes my measure would be .500 on the season including conference games. Don't think it will happen either at which point he would have  had received ample time to turn the program around ( is it 5 years now?), and he would need to go in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

You guys kill me.  If we would have lost last night instead of winning with a miracle shot, this thread would be another fire CBG rant.  I'm not sure consistently missing free throws and getting hot from downtown for 4 games is turning a corner.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

We need the Keyshawn Bryant that we had for the first week of the season when he was our best player. Harris, Miguel, Tchewa and Conwell - with Bryant playing like he did early - gives us a chance to compete every night. 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

This is a loooooong red light.  I've been waiting for us to turn a corner since 1972.

Halloween Disney GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

The true freshman Ryan Conwell on the teams recent 5 game streak: 7 points, 3 boards, 2.4 assists, and 1.2 steals per game

All I want from this years team is continued improvement of the players and a .500 record. We only graduate 2 contributors this year so if we can have some stability going into next season and grab a transfer and a solid recruit or 2 we could start rolling in the right direction again.

I know this board isn't a fan of Gregory but constantly resetting this team and hoping we hit a home run isn't the path to success. I think its just getting to the point where we consistently win 50-55% of our games. Slowly build up a fanbase and a culture of not sucking. Then when we hit on a big time recruit or transfer it would be enough to get us in the tourney. Not constantly turning over half the roster and hoping we finally did it right.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

Going .500 in conference isn't such a stretch.  The conference is very weak outside the top 2 teams and all have bad losses to lower level conferences.  Just wish we would have won a few of those close games early.  Still have a small outside shot at postseason play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

No. Conference play will tell that ..... just hope to hell we have our full complement of players for it.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

Harris is a great get from Memphis. Go Bulls