• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball Turning a Corner?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

Harris thinks so according to his quote at the very end. Confidence is key in basketball, so we'll see...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmGAxUFJ1GH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Harris thinks so according to his quote at the very end. Confidence is key in basketball, so we'll see...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmGAxUFJ1GH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yeah he will eventually carry this team imo. 

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

When I had just left USF, I remember the game that almost literally turned everything around for men's hoops. It happened during the 1989-90 season, after years of struggle. We went to UNC-Charlotte to open the conference season and a PG named Marvin Taylor knocked down a buzzer-beating three to win that game. It started a run to our first NCAA Tournament berth and three straight years of our best sustained basketball success. It was a "Q vs. Syracuse" moment before Q vs. Syracuse. It wasn't a conference game, but let's hope the game-winner on the road from Harris is the start of something. We can dream, can't we?

• Upvote 1

Yes we can! Nice! I remember being in the packed student section watching Seth Greenberg’s NCAA bubble team blow about a 17pt second half lead to Tom Crean’s Marquette team thanks to Brian Wardle catching fire from beyond the arc. That to me was one of the most deflating defeats in USF history to be honest. Hopefully we start seeing more wins moving forward 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

When I had just left USF, I remember the game that almost literally turned everything around for men's hoops. It happened during the 1989-90 season, after years of struggle. We went to UNC-Charlotte to open the conference season and a PG named Marvin Taylor knocked down a buzzer-beating three to win that game. It started a run to our first NCAA Tournament berth and three straight years of our best sustained basketball success. It was a "Q vs. Syracuse" moment before Q vs. Syracuse. It wasn't a conference game, but let's hope the game-winner on the road from Harris is the start of something. We can dream, can't we?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

...but let's hope the game-winner on the road from Harris is the start of something. We can dream, can't we?

With Dartmouth up next, it's a good time to dream!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

We heard so often in the last few years after our OOC schedule for football, that we are 0-0, and that the season really starts with in conference play ( which I never bought since it sets the tone for the rest of your season and some of my best USF memories are the OOC wins in football like  Pitt(first one),Auburn, FSU, Notre Dame), but this time it might be true for basketball. Whether we have turned the corner in basketball will be decided in conference play.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

On 12/15/2022 at 12:03 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

Last time we won a conference tournament or any type of championship in the big 2, which is ridiculous.  He was a really good player, unfortunately the **** allegations derailed his career, loved watching Hakim Shahid dunk.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Another solid W for the 6-6 Bulls! From 1-5 to get back to .500 is an accomplishment. Outscored The Pride 21-9 over the last 10+ minutes. 15-21 from the charity stripe was nice to see. Keep the momentum going!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

That was a very solid win. Hofstra isn’t necessarily a name brand, but they were really good offensively last night, with multiple guys who can score. For us to not go through one of those 6-7 minute scoring droughts and get blown out was nice to see. These guys are playing hard for BG and shots have been falling the past few weeks. They’re starting to find roles and develop some consistency. If that continues, we can be competitive in the league schedule. We’re still probably in the bottom half of the AAC, but we won’t be a gimme game for anyone.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

That was a very solid win. Hofstra isn’t necessarily a name brand, but they were really good offensively last night, with multiple guys who can score. For us to not go through one of those 6-7 minute scoring droughts and get blown out was nice to see. These guys are playing hard for BG and shots have been falling the past few weeks. They’re starting to find roles and develop some consistency. If that continues, we can be competitive in the league schedule. We’re still probably in the bottom half of the AAC, but we won’t be a gimme game for anyone.

That is good to hear. College hoops is fun when USF wins