• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball Turning a Corner?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The season started out rough....really rough. 3 losses by 1 possession and a tough road loss to a top-20 foe, Auburn. Now the Bulls have won 4 out of 5, including last night's buzzer beater to win on the road. There is definite room for improvement, but I view that as a good thing, as this team can continue to get better and compete throughout the season. 3 very winnable home games can have the squad at 7-6 going into AAC play. If they can pull that off, they should be beaming with confidence. Try and get out to a game and support this group if you can. 

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I thought I was done with them after the Stetson game but they've pulled me back in. Never thought I'd say this but hell of a coaching job by Gregory this season to keep these guys battling after an 0-5 start.

Looking forward to making it out to a game this year now and rooting for Gregory to finish over .500 to bring some stability back to this team. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. 4-6 with 3 inexcusable losses. OOC schedule is soft and it should be for where we are. Most years Nov/Dec is the time people care the most before we absolutely collapse from January-March. OOC keeps us competitive. Let's just pray we have a reason to keep caring the next 2.5 months starting in January. I really hope it works out. Just not believing it till they prove it. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

I was pleasantly surprised at the score last night. 

Eyes in the windshield not the rear view. Let's keep it up.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

Whether we have turned the corner will be decided during conference play. Hard to assess right now due to a weak OOC schedule. But yes its good to see us winning some games  after a disastrous start. My measure for success will be  .500 on the season. Anything below that and I believe it would be time for Kelly to go a different route and hire a new coach.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Last year we shot 25% from 3. During this 5 game stretch:

Game 1: 32% from 3 
Game 2: 41% from 3 
Game 3: 25% from 3 (LOSS)
Game 4: 45% from 3 
Game 5: 40% from 3 

Hopefully we've actually turned a corner and the guys have learned how to shoot

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187

Not so sure they turned the Corner they beat a  Mid major with a losing record on the road, gave up a six point lead with 40 seconds to play and needed a miraculous buzzer beater to win

if they go to overtime there’s a very good shot they lose as the momentum was not on their side

In Crunch time they missed free throws & committed a stupid foul

That gave their opp. A three point play 

coaching and execution still a major problem

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

14 minutes ago, MaBull said:

Not so sure they turned the Corner they beat a  Mid major with a losing record on the road, gave up a six point lead with 40 seconds to play and needed a miraculous buzzer beater to win

if they go to overtime there’s a very good shot they lose as the momentum was not on their side

In Crunch time they missed free throws & committed a stupid foul

That gave their opp. A three point play 

coaching and execution still a major problem

execute the coach

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,859
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Whether we have turned the corner will be decided during conference play. Hard to assess right now due to a weak OOC schedule. But yes its good to see us winning some games  after a disastrous start. My measure for success will be  .500 on the season. Anything below that and I believe it would be time for Kelly to go a different route and hire a new coach.

We will be very fortunate to be over .500 in non OOC and will need a winning streak to accomplish that just barely so your measure for success will mean we go .500 in conference?  No freakin chance, never going to happen.  We may win 3-4 conf games as we usher in a new coach in the off season.  

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

Never forget Frank Martin was out there. A good friend of Jose Fernandez and we opted to freaking keep Gregory. Woof

Martin has turned around that UMASS team in 5 weeks already

• Like 1