• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The more I see, the more I like the hire of Coach Golesh

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

It’s been a while since I’ve been in TBP. It’s obviously been VERY difficult to watch USF football for the past few years.

Upon hearing the news of the hire, I think I was like most. Disappointed. The obvious correlation was that it was Jeff Scott all over again. 

But after watching the introduction, the press conference and a few interview clips on YouTube, I am liking this guy’s qualifications, attitude and energy. 

He has been at multiple programs, has coached all sides of the ball and has been a winner everywhere he’s been. He’s got an edge about him that I’ve not seen around here since Leavitt.

One of my favorite things he said yesterday was “I’ve recruited this area forever. When USF was winning I understood why. When they were losing I didn’t understand why. This tri-county area is maybe the top in the country, at least top 2”

I am paraphrasing above but this coach checks a lot of boxes for me. I’m officially excited about this hire. 

BTW, screw Deion Sanders

GO BULLS!

So do we give him the nickname ginger Leavitt or Russian Leavitt?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

Pragmatic and hard worker. I like the hire a lot but my enthusiasm remains tempered because the results are TBD 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

Was just reading a CBS coaching hire grading article that gave him a D (I'll add a screenshot). They laid out the reasons he'll probably be great and then noted our irrelevance. The media is so often terrible with these predictions that I'm guessing we go undefeated. He also seems to be a good guy with some fire. Fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20221206-070516.png.91ee2dc43695e0aa3007521ae39551e4.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I like his approach better than Scott...seems like a hard working no nonsense type.

But he will have to learn on the job and I'm not that thrilled with his DC hire.  Least enthusiastic I've Been for a hire which I hope means he is our best hire ever.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

17 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

It’s been a while since I’ve been in TBP. It’s obviously been VERY difficult to watch USF football for the past few years.

Upon hearing the news of the hire, I think I was like most. Disappointed. The obvious correlation was that it was Jeff Scott all over again. 

But after watching the introduction, the press conference and a few interview clips on YouTube, I am liking this guy’s qualifications, attitude and energy. 

He has been at multiple programs, has coached all sides of the ball and has been a winner everywhere he’s been. He’s got an edge about him that I’ve not seen around here since Leavitt.

One of my favorite things he said yesterday was “I’ve recruited this area forever. When USF was winning I understood why. When they were losing I didn’t understand why. This tri-county area is maybe the top in the country, at least top 2”

I am paraphrasing above but this coach checks a lot of boxes for me. I’m officially excited about this hire. 

BTW, screw Deion Sanders

GO BULLS!

I'd be interested to know more about his recruiting in this area -- I checked his 247 profile and I see 86 commitments for him and only two from Florida: Jonathan Echols (Bradenton '24) and Anthony Williams (Altamonte Springs '21). Looks like most of his guys (half) have come from OH, IL, CA, TN, and IA.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

4 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

Was just reading a CBS coaching hire grading article that gave him a D (I'll add a screenshot). They laid out the reasons he'll probably be great and then noted our irrelevance. The media is so often terrible with these predictions that I'm guessing we go undefeated. He also seems to be a good guy with some fire. Fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20221206-070516.png.91ee2dc43695e0aa3007521ae39551e4.png

That D grade may be a bit harsh but not completely out of line. He’s basically guilty until proven innocent at this point. He’s taking over a program that’s been reduced to nearly complete irrelevance. And he has not been a head coach yet. Neither was Josh Heupal (sp?) before they went to UCF together.

The big difference to me between Golesh and Jeff Scott is their experience and lineage. Scott was all Clemson. Started out as a graduate assistant, put his time in and climbed the “company ladder”.

Gloesh was constantly earning better opportunities at different programs in different positions and winning all along the way.

He has a tall task in front of him to be sure. But I have a feeling this is classic example of “preparedness meeting opportunity”.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

I definitely like the guy and I think he will get after it more than Scott.  Is that enough?  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

That D grade may be a bit harsh but not completely out of line. He’s basically guilty until proven innocent at this point. He’s taking over a program that’s been reduced to nearly complete irrelevance. And he has not been a head coach yet. Neither was Josh Heupal (sp?) before they went to UCF together.

Oh totally agree, but I also feel like our fans can criticize the hire but others need to wait and see. That same CBS article rated the Scott Satterfield as a C+ or something which is strange after a middling coaching stint in another P5. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I definitely like the guy and I think he will get after it more than Scott.  Is that enough?  

I think it’s a start. If his career path keeps the same trajectory he will get USF back on track and then jump to a bigger program in a few years and I’ll be completely fine with that.