• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The more I see, the more I like the hire of Coach Golesh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  1

My favorite quote from him so far I think was - "When they were good, I understood it. When they weren't, I didn't understand it."  Think he's directly alluding to work ethic, and he understand to be good anywhere, at any program, will require hard work. Further, I've only heard him mention Tennessee when asked specifically in interviews, i.e. Jim Rome interview and that was part of the story of him being recruited here. He is not riding any coattails, looking to install anyone else's system, harping on passed success/failures. He's all about the now and the future. Huge attitude difference and night and day from CJS. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, USF_Bullsharks said:

He is not riding any coattails, looking to install anyone else's system, harping on passed success/failures. He's all about the now and the future. Huge attitude difference and night and day from CJS. 

Agreed - This is definitely a step up in the rhetoric department at least.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, SpeedBull said:

Coach Golesh just keeps on impressing me. I’ve not been this excited in a while. His interview on Jim Rome was great.

This guy has a swagger and confidence that I’ve not seen around here. It’s not BS. He seems incredibly prepared and ready for this challenge.

I love that he has a pulse on USF football history. He mentioned Jim Leavitt by name and acknowledged his importance in the program’s history.

We may finally have the guy to get us back on track.

GO BULLS!!!

I think that was my favorite part of the interview. He knows about USF past and stated that he is baffled by the lack of success in the middle of such a fertile recruiting area. He made it seem as if he will turn over every rock in every part of Florida to find players. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

It’s hard to argue with any skepticism, pessimism and the “show me the wins and I’ll believe” type of attitudes on here. It’s all definitely warranted.

But only similarities that I see with xCJS is the fact that he has no head coaching experience.

His path has been completely different. He has coached all sides of the ball. He’s a self-made guy that has had an impressive upward trajectory all on winning teams. Teams like Iowa State that nobody even talked about a few years ago. Tennessee has been a non-factor for years before they got there and I think his time at UCF is a big deal too.

I’m guilty of being an optimist by nature, but this guy seems different to me. There is a big difference between building programs and slapping a USF logo on a Clemson binder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

His background as an assistant coach Might look like Jeff Scott

but his demeanor in the way he is attacking His responsibilities is way different than Jeff Scott I thought from the beginning that CJS seems to be double minded And always Seemed that he wanted to be back At Clemson.

maybe it was just me but CJS seemed to be soft & always make excuses. Not the recipe to rebuild a program.

If CAG Is what he sounds like he could be the right guy! It already feels like he’s working a whole lot harder than CJS ever did.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,140
  • Days Won:  56

I'm not going to throw stones at Jeff because he had so much stacked against him from the start. I do like Coach Go, though. Seems like a no-nonsense type who hasn't gotten the Head Coach Speak 101 doctorate. Very real and transparent. Now, let's see some wins - in recruiting and on the field.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm not going to throw stones at Jeff because he had so much stacked against him from the start. I do like Coach Go, though. Seems like a no-nonsense type who hasn't gotten the Head Coach Speak 101 doctorate. Very real and transparent. Now, let's see some wins - in recruiting and on the field.

He had the same advantages and disadvantages  of the other jeff at utsa.  The only difference is one can coach  and build  players up and yhe other had no clue what he was doing while making excuses for his failures.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He had the same advantages and disadvantages  of the other jeff at utsa.  The only difference is one can coach  and build  players up and yhe other had no clue what he was doing while making excuses for his failures.

I agree there were zero reasons as to why Scott couldn't be successful at USF. Scott couldn't make the adjustment from being an OC to HC.  I don't buy covid as a reason since that was the same for every program. All the tools were there (fertile recruiting ground, transfer portal, mediocre conference) for him to succeed; he just want able to do it.

Also there will be zero reasons as to why Golesh can't be succesfull, especially with a weaker schedule in an even weaker conference. If he is not successful there will be zero excuses as to why.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, MaBull said:

His background as an assistant coach Might look like Jeff Scott

but his demeanor in the way he is attacking His responsibilities is way different than Jeff Scott I thought from the beginning that CJS seems to be double minded And always Seemed that he wanted to be back At Clemson.

maybe it was just me but CJS seemed to be soft & always make excuses. Not the recipe to rebuild a program.

If CAG Is what he sounds like he could be the right guy! It already feels like he’s working a whole lot harder than CJS ever did.

I feel he was too stuck on Clemson and was trying to duplicate their formula instead of create his own formula. CAG seems to already have his own plan/style in mind. Plus he seems to be hungry for success and super grateful for this opportunity. I felt like CJS thought he was doing us a favor. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Did this guy kick your dog or something.  He's gone, you don't have to keep throwing dirt on his grave.   I don't think you can really compare the two Jeff's unless you actually followed both teams all season, tracked their injuries, qb situation, how many were out every week due to covid...etc.  It's kind of naive to say these two coaches started at the same time, so they should have both been equally successful.

• Upvote 2