• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

But, can he coach db’s?:roflmao:

He may be able to recruit some that are not burnt toast. He definitely would have the recruiting advantage compared to the new AAC. I think Colorado is a better spot for him though to succeed, get more attention, and money. The PAC 12 is going to get weaker with USC and UCLa leaving. So it would be easier to compete for wins and recruits . I would like to see him here, i just don't know why he would want to come to USF instead of waiting for  a p5 offer.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

But if Sanders leaves in 2024, it's because he was able to win immediately. That would be more than an ideal outcome based on where we are right now. It would be up to VPMK to keep the momentum going in coaching hires the way our former little brothers out east have been able to do repeatedly and successfully.

If they can do it, so can we.

The key is not following up a coach like Willie with a coach with a completely different philosophy like Chuck. When Frost left Orlando, they followed up with a coach with a similar offensive mindset who was able to adapt his offense to the players already present. And when that coach left, they replaced him with yet another coach with a similar mindset.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, GoBulls84 said:

The key is not following up a coach like Willie with a coach with a completely different philosophy like Chuck. When Frost left Orlando, they followed up with a coach with a similar offensive mindset who was able to adapt his offense to the players already present. And when that coach left, they replaced him with yet another coach with a similar mindset.

But we have no identity because we went from  great defense mediocre offense (Leavitt),  average offense and above average defense (Holtz), to explosive offense  with below average defense (Money bag Tags), to good defense with no offense (Strong), and then to  bottom quarter of college football offense and fbs worst defense (Scott). So we first need to establish what is the football identity of USF and hire coaches that only fit that model.

12 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I have to wonder if it really comes down to a money thing with Deion? Gotta believe he’s already in pretty solid financial shape.

From what it read like in the 247 report yesterday, it sounds like the biggest reason for him moving up to the next level of college football is to get his staff more money. Like you said, he's not exactly hurting for money. And I've read several stories and seen several interviews where it sounds like he's happy where he's at helping athletes at a HBCU and setting them up for future success. If he could get his staff paid even like a G5 program there at Jackson State, I think he'd actually be content to stay.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

4 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

If he could get his staff paid even like a G5 program there at Jackson State, I think he'd actually be content to stay.

Perhaps this is the purpose of said rumors.  🤔

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Perhaps this is the purpose of said rumors.  🤔

Might be. I'm assuming there are certain financial constraints at that level 🤷‍♂️

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Prime

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479235esm0arjxbepmx3

Subprime 

South Florida Dancing GIF by USF Athletics

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

From what it read like in the 247 report yesterday, it sounds like the biggest reason for him moving up to the next level of college football is to get his staff more money. Like you said, he's not exactly hurting for money. And I've read several stories and seen several interviews where it sounds like he's happy where he's at helping athletes at a HBCU and setting them up for future success. If he could get his staff paid even like a G5 program there at Jackson State, I think he'd actually be content to stay.

Hopefully VPMK is not too proud to play the "USF as a charity case" card

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

9 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Perhaps.  But he can help more athletes in the FBS -- 20 more scholarships are available.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Also heard he wants to get his Shedeur Sanders into the NFL

3k yards on 65%+ completion with 30 TD's and less than 10 picks is nice at the FCS level. But doing that at USF could get him drafted in the top 3 rounds