• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Portal Watch in light of Jeff Scott's firing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

Why do I hear so much about Coach Jeff Scott improving the team's culture. That is just ridiculous.

Coach Scott had a record of 4 -26 which is beyond horrendous! Who gives a crap if he improved so called "culture" which can't be measured? 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I habor no ill will to any kid trying to get his best chance to be noticed at the next level

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

As far as I'm concerned, Hill can go. The only reason I ever know he's on the field is because I go back to watch the previous play to find out who was out of position and got blown by. To say he's one of the worst DB's we've had is an understatement. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, usfsig said:

As far as I'm concerned, Hill can go. The only reason I ever know he's on the field is because I go back to watch the previous play to find out who was out of position and got blown by. To say he's one of the worst DB's we've had is an understatement. 

Accurate. Dude is burnt toast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Accurate. Dude is burnt toast. 

I'm not sure you invented that term for bad DBs/CBs but i'm adopting the term should I ever have a need 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390

1 hour ago, usfsig said:

And a lot of dumb penalties 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12

This is my final comment about Coach Scott....He never gave me the impression that he could motivate a player or the team. I was bored listening to him on the radio. I have never met a good or great coach who wasn't a great recruiter/personality.  In sports like football and basketball, being a great recruiter/personality is a 1A/1B requirement.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

New coach needs to be good to keep weaver or he shluld go to fau and he would be a hit in norvels offense

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

30 minutes ago, Sports said:

This is my final comment about Coach Scott....He never gave me the impression that he could motivate a player or the team. I was bored listening to him on the radio. I have never met a good or great coach who wasn't a great recruiter/personality.  In sports like football and basketball, being a great recruiter/personality is a 1A/1B requirement.  

Here is the thing about USF football. The school doesn't care about those kinds of things. What is REALLY important to them is 1. can you stay out of the negative spotlight (really any spotlight) and 2. Don't get too fired up. That reminds them too much of Jim. Jim is bad. Positive vibes only. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Why do I hear so much about Coach Jeff Scott improving the team's culture. That is just ridiculous.

Coach Scott had a record of 4 -26 which is beyond horrendous! Who gives a crap if he improved so called "culture" which can't be measured? 

2C2919C6-80AB-4CD7-B511-9A124125524D.jpeg

• Like 1