• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Timeline?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

As long as it takes. Don’t rush the process, trust the process. Make the right hire

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

We might hear something today at the Tuesday press conference. 

The idea that they wouldn't have fired Scott without a good idea of who they wanted probably has some legs but that would be fast.

Would be shocked if Kelly wasn't thinking about the next direction of this program for a few weeks now.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, bulloni said:

The idea that they wouldn't have fired Scott without a good idea of who they wanted probably has some legs but that would be fast.

Would be shocked if Kelly wasn't thinking about the next direction of this program for a few weeks now.

Kind of disagree. I think MK was going to see how these last 5 games played out, with a backup qb, and make a decision at the end of the year. The debacle Saturday disrupted that and he was forced to make the change now. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Don't expect anything before December 1st at the earliest.

1. Any college coach with a team has the rest of the season to play out. No one will sign BEFORE that happens.

2. USF is not the only school looking for a coach... so a lot of the names people are throwing out will be WAITING to see how things shake out.

3. Very few coaches are going to take the first offer that comes along... again, coaches will be WAITING to see how things shake out.

4. More programs will fire their coaches after the season.

5. As coaches leave one program to move up, that creates more openings for them to consider.

THERE IS NO WAY TO RUSH THIS ALONG FOLKS.

Calm Down Season 5 GIF by Outlander

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

Don't expect anything before December 1st at the earliest.

1. Any college coach with a team has the rest of the season to play out. No one will sign BEFORE that happens.

2. USF is not the only school looking for a coach... so a lot of the names people are throwing out will be WAITING to see how things shake out.

3. Very few coaches are going to take the first offer that comes along... again, coaches will be WAITING to see how things shake out.

4. More programs will fire their coaches after the season.

5. As coaches leave one program to move up, that creates more openings for them to consider.

THERE IS NO WAY TO RUSH THIS ALONG FOLKS.

Calm Down Season 5 GIF by Outlander

I agree, we're not a top destination so we'll have to wait in line.  Only way I see a faster decision is if it's someone currently not coaching who wants to be here and boosters are covering the cost.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, bullstampede9922 said:

I agree, we're not a top destination so we'll have to wait in line.  Only way I see a faster decision is if it's someone currently not coaching who wants to be here and boosters are covering the cost.

Or we look at a less-obvious choice.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Or we look at a less-obvious choice.

Can't get any less obvious than an English futbol coach?  Ted Lasso in reverse.....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Can't get any less obvious than an English futbol coach?  Ted Lasso in reverse.....

100% off topic, but I think every mom or dad that coaches children’s sports should watch that. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

41 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

this isnt a bad destination

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Kind of disagree. I think MK was going to see how these last 5 games played out, with a backup qb, and make a decision at the end of the year. The debacle Saturday disrupted that and he was forced to make the change now. 

This is my opinion as well.  I was always trying to hint at this happening at this happening the day after the UCF game if nothing improved.  However, then Temple happened.  This is kinda wild to me since you can't get people to agree on anything these days, but it felt unanimous.