• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I haven’t read every single post in this thread, but has any mentioned Marquell Blackwell? Where does everyone on these boards stand on hiring him as HC?

Maybe snag Larry Scott as HC, and Blackwell as OC?

HC? No chance. I haven't followed him enough, but maybe a RB coach based on his past.

19 minutes ago, USF968 said:

I know it won’t happen, but performance based contracts would be awesome.  A CFP appearance at USF gets you 5 or 6 million and then go down from there. With bowl win bonuses etc.

Then it would have to go both ways. As a coach I would want some investment\NIL guarantees from the school\collectives so they stay competitive.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Immediate splash not nearly as important as ultimate runs of splashes, IMHO.

Sorry I don’t understand what this means

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I haven’t read every single post in this thread, but has any mentioned Marquell Blackwell? Where does everyone on these boards stand on hiring him as HC?

Maybe snag Larry Scott as HC, and Blackwell as OC?

All the respect in the world for MB and everything he's done for USF football. He's a hall of famer as a player for a reason. However, he seems to lack a little umpf as a coach. He's been demoted a few times, don't think he brings in the utmost energy or confidence needed right now for HC of USF.

However, he is a Broyles candidate this year, I would think that's more due to the crazy RB talent at Ole Miss. But maybe not?

I don't know, but here's Coach Blackwell wired up during practice; you decide:

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

umpf

I cannot speak to anyone's umpf or what works to get through to people, but I think what we really need is a strategy and game plan preparation upgrade.  So I am hoping whoever comes in can help with that.

27 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Sorry I don’t understand what this means

He'd rather have wins then a flashy hire.

However, obviously both would be the best case scenario.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

People keep throwing around this win word and I’m not exactly sure what it means but it sounds nice

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  956
  • Days Won:  1

I think we pass on MB and Larry Scott. I know they are USF alumni, but we need a proven winner. An experienced P5 defensive coordinator or a successful G5 up and coming coach that has built programs and know how to recruit Fla. Bring CJL back into the fold somehow and let’s rock and roll. We cannot “develop” coaches, they need to hit the ground running; we are out of time. VPMK has got to take his time. Wait till the regular season is over and ask any and everyone that is interested (which is why I didn’t list any names, anyone that is not a “coach in waiting” needs to be called). This is the most important hire after CJL and we can’t fumble it. Open the check book and get the best person we can, I don’t care if we pay someone $7mil a year, we have wasted much more on bum coaches the past number of years. Let’s finally do it right. 

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,456
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

People keep throwing around this win word and I’m not exactly sure what it means but it sounds nice

It is this thing that Leavitt did that brought life to the program and something our former coach wouldn't find a way to do in fbs football. The former coach did go 4-0 in fcs programs though, so he is undefeated against fbs teams!

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, USF968 said:

I know it won’t happen, but performance based contracts would be awesome.  A CFP appearance at USF gets you 5 or 6 million and then go down from there. With bowl win bonuses etc.

Agree ↑ I posted one a few days ago. $1mill guaranteed and up to $3.5-$4mil.

2 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Then it would have to go both ways. As a coach I would want some investment\NIL guarantees from the school\collectives so they stay competitive.

We've invested, and are investing, up to $400 million+ in the football program. I would call that a fairly substantial guarantee.