• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We've invested, and are investing, up to $400 million+ in the football program. I would call that a fairly substantial guarantee.

That is exactly what I would be scared of as a fan and as a prospective coach based on USFs history.

They need to consistently invest in the program. They can't sit on their hands the next 15 years like they did the last just because they made one lump some investment.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,911
  • Days Won:  33

3 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Sorry I don’t understand what this means

I believe Brandon was stating that he would rather see a lesser name come in and take the time to build a winner over a big name hire who may not build a consistent winning product.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Anyway, I'm more worried about the next hire than I am of whatever we're contractually obligated to with the former coach.

The rational approach. We obviously could afford to do what we did, no matter what the contractual obligations are, so it's time to look forward ....... which is nye impossible for some.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I mean I have every other contract in history to go off of and I’ve never seen one where someone that isn’t being successful negotiated down their buyout money and when salary goes down and years go up that’s most typically with the carrot of more guaranteed money either as a spot bonus or larger buyout.

Have you ever seen a contract extension for a football coach that's only won one FBS game in two years? This wasn't typical anything ........ Again, if it comes out it actually cost us more money with the extension, have at him.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

That is exactly what I would be scared of as a fan and as a prospective coach based on USFs history.

They need to consistently invest in the program. They can't sit on their hands the next 15 years like they did the last just because they made one lump some investment.

Why would you be afraid that USF is investing heavily in the future? That's not exactly sitting on their hands GOING FORWARD. If I'm a prospective coach that would excite the heck out of me. And as a fan the future excites me. I'm excited that USF is finally waking up to the realities of where the football team, and sports in general, can take us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I believe Brandon was stating that he would rather see a lesser name come in and take the time to build a winner over a big name hire who may not build a consistent winning product.

Hugh Freeze is doing wondering for Liberty and rebranding their image after the Scandals.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,536
  • Days Won:  3

Looking at all the mentions of potential candidates. There are a lot of names that I would accept and be excited about, and idk if that is because we have been consistently losing so much or if there are a lot of decent options out there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I hope whoever the new coach is brings an entire defense with them. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

11 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Sorry I don’t understand what this means

Immediate splash of a name is not nearly as important as runs of splahes in the future, such as big wins, conference championships, and other accolades one may consider "making a splash."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

7 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Yes sir, thank you!